R.I.P. Gary Richrath...

I was very saddened to see this. Gary and REO were my "gateway" to the heavier music. As an 11-12 yr in 1981-1982 REO was my favorite band and my fav videos on MTV at the time were the live versions of "Tough Guys", "Roll w/Changes" & "Ridin' the Storm Out". Gary was my favorite guitarist back then and I would spend countless hours waiting for MTV to show those videos. While waiting, I saw videos by Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Saxon. I then became hooked on NWOBHM and heavy metal in general and have been ever since.

To this day, "You Can Tune a Piano..." & "Hi Infidelity" cds still hold a special place in my heart and I try to catch REO every time they come to my neck of the woods. Thanks for the memories and the music Gary!!

I picked up the live album as part of a 5 CD set for about 20 bucks. Having been more used to the pop-rock oriented REO from Hi Infedeility on, the live album was a revelation as to how well these guys could rock in the late 70's, and a lot of it was due to the guitarist. RIP