R.I.P Scott Columbus

That is terrible news. I was never a huge Manowar fan, but I liked them quite a bit. Scott was a big part of their sound on their classic releases. He will be missed by the metal community, but certainly more by his family and friends. 54 years-old is very far from a ripe-old-age. I hope Zod isn't too depressed.

Bryant

NO WAY?! :OMG:
Manowar were one of my all time favorite old skool True Metal bands! :headbang: :worship:
And "Into Glory Ride" was one of my all time favorites w/ Scott Colombus.
Man, wt hell, all our Metal Heroes are just dropping like flies! :(
Very sad indeed. :cry:

Statement from the band...

It is with great sorrow that we announce the passing of our brother Scott Columbus.

Scott Columbus was a rare talent and equally a rare individual.

He was a father, a friend and a brother of metal.

All of the great moments we spent together in the studio, in our homes and on the road are burnished in our hearts and memories forever.

These words are spoken with heavy hearts but we have the comfort of knowing that he is in a good place and at peace.

He will never be forgotten.

I am sure I'll get flamed for this but it is sad when a thread about hipsters has 100 comments and counting and a thread about a mans death has only 7.

I am sure I'll get flamed for this but it is sad when a thread about hipsters has 100 comments and counting and a thread about a mans death has only 7.
In a sense, your right. But these threads are tough. All you can really do is be the xth person to post "RIP". It's not as if we all knew him, and can share personal stories. But 54... that's too young.

Hey Greg, I can actually share a personal story from like 15 years ago when I was able to get on the bands tour bus and hang with them before a show. It was the coolest experience and I was like 20 at the time. My friend and I went outside the bus with Scott as he wanted to smoke a cigarette and some guy comes up to him on the street and was like I think I would be a great addition as a singer to your band, and Scott was like "oh yeah" and the guy kept rambling on about how great he was until Scott finally told him to and I quote "Go fuck yourself!". To this day, my friend and I joke about that as if it were yesterday. Something we will never forget and probably tell our kids and grandkids who will obviously think we were fucked up in the head, but it is what it is.

Very sad to hear this; Manowar and Scott are one of the main causes of my obession with metal. He sure will be missed. RIP

I'll be the dozenth or so person to say RIP. The guy was fucking metal to the bone. Went to a show over the weekend and a band did a sharp cover of Kings of Metal dedicated to him.