Radiohead -- In Rainbows

This album is amazing. Its by far one of their top of all time and once my exitement calms down I will be able to tell if it tops OK Comp.... But seriously this album is so great. Every song holds strong to its own and there is no filler on this album. I like that there is a really up beat feeling to some of the tracks but still my favorites are the slow tunes, I love the song "all I need", deep bass with a beautiful haunting melody. Definetly album of the year candidate, by far!!!!

I still havent listened to it, but it would be interesting to see how many other bands try it. I know that Oasis and Jamiroquai have decided to release their albums the same way. It's something that I figure will work well for well known bands (who have rock solid fan bases), but it's not something I think can universally apply. It really is a nice slap in the face of record labels though.

So far, this album is fucking awesome...btw, the Bends is probably my favorite Radiohead album behind Hail to the Thief and OK Computer. However, that may change with this album.

^
Of course not, this IS a metal forum and your tastes may not run that way. And many people can't get past Thom Yorke's voice. I will say that you need to give OK Computer like 7 listens so it can all sink in...and then maybe your view will change.

Radiohead are a bunch of talented dudes and dudettes blah blah yaddi yaddah but God Thom Yorke's voice as beautiful as it is can tires me sometimes.

It s whiney like "oh God the weight of the world is on my shoulders, please God make it stop, I am so sad inside."

I even wonder if Radiohead isn't the reason we have emo bands today with the hole self lothing thing. ( isn't creep an emo anthem ?)

I do think they are a bit overrated.

But still good.

I mean, a band who has written Streets Spirits Fade Out deserve a high place in the Jedi Archives.

Stay Nu Metal !

Radiohead are a bunch of talented dudes and dudettes blah blah yaddi yaddah but God Thom Yorke's voice as beautiful as it is can tires me sometimes.

It s whiney like "oh God the weight of the world is on my shoulders, please God make it stop, I am so sad inside."

I even wonder if Radiohead isn't the reason we have emo bands today with the hole self lothing thing. ( isn't creep an emo anthem ?)

But still good.

I mean, a band who has written Streets Spirits Fade Out deserve a high place in the Jedi Archives.

Stay Nu Metal !

Dude What the hell is with you? Seriously.

In Rainbows is a really good album, far better than Hail To The Thief. But I should give it a few more listens in order to really get into it more.

But still good.

Stay Nu Metal !
So basically, you've never paid attention to Radiohead's lyrics.