RAGE announce new line-up

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
RAGE announce new line-up

An outcry went through the metal scene, when Peter „Peavy“ Wagner and Victor Smolski of RAGE declared the end of their musical collaboration in the beginning of February 2015. Since André Hilgers also had to leave his place behind the drums, rumors were running high quickly and there was even talk about RAGE would call it quits. Though Peavy made it clear over and over again in interviews that the new line-up of the band was already positioned, the names of his new band mates remained untold.

Now the wait has come to an end – the new line-up of RAGE reads as follows:

Peter „Peavy“ Wagner – Vocals, Bass
Marcos Rodriguez – Guitars, Vocals
Vassilios „Lucky“ Maniatopoulos – Drums, Vocals

With his current line-up, Peavy puts his trust in relative newcomers this time. „There were quite a couple of proposals from established musicians, but this wasn’t what I was looking for“, comments Wagner. „I wanted to have a real band again with all members pulling in the same direction“.

Marcos Rodriguez was born in Venezuela and is living currently in Antwerpen, Belgium. The 36-year old exceptional guitarist is a die-hard fan of RAGE and met Peavy on RAGE’s 30th anniversary tour, when he was supporting parts of the tour with his own band SOUNDCHASER.

Vassilios „Lucky“ Maniatopoulos has so far primarily made an appearance as the vocalist of the band TRI STATE CORNER. It’s only surprising to those who haven’t seen Lucky live yet with his „Bouzouki- Rock Band“ that the former drum student and drum technician of ex-RAGE and now TRI STATE CORNER/REFUGE drummer Christos Efthimiadis and also long-time friend of Peavy and Chris is an excellent drummer himself.

„These two guys have literally inhaled RAGE their whole lives and can vividly feel it – I’m very much looking forward to herald a new era of RAGE together with them“, says Peavy.

The new line-up will be presented live to the public for the first time at Metal Hammer Paradise, Ferienpark Weissenhäuser Strand on November 14th, and thereafter on the RAGE – „Black In Mind“-Tour this December, celebrating the 20th anniversary of the release of the cult album „Black In Mind“.

Black In Mind 20th Anniversary Tour 2015:

14.11.15 D-Weissenhäuser Strand/Metal Hammer Paradise
27.11.15 GR-Athens/Kittaro
28.11.15 GR-Thessaloniki/Eightball
29.11.15 BUL-Sofia/Mixtape 5
05.12.15 CH-Pratteln/Z-7
06.12.15 NL-Landgraaf/Oefenbunker
11.12.15 A-Wien/Viper Room
12.12.15 CZ-Zlín/Masters Of Rock Café
13.12.15 D-Markneukirchen/Warwick Music Hall
18.12.15 ES-Valencia/XMas Metal Fest
19.12.15 D- TBA
20.12.15 D-Bochum/Zeche

The new studio album is about to be finalized and will be released in spring 2016 via Nuclear Blast.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awjxjth458M&[/ame]

RAGE - NEW LINEUP TO RELEASE MY WAY EP IN JANUARY; NEW TOUR DATES ANNOUNCED

"...Rage will release a 4-track EP on January 22nd – right in time for the start of their tour with Helloween. "This EP will shorten your waiting time until the release of our new album – the first one since 2012 – which will be in the shops next May…," reveals Peavy Wagner. The My Way EP contains four tracks, two re-recorded from the album Black In Mind, and a brand-new song in English and Spanish versions..."

rageepoct.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. I know this new guitar player has the chops to play the Smolksi era songs, but the couple videos I've seen of him have felt stale (if that's the right word) to me. The performance & technicality seem dead on, but the style of his riffing and the sounds coming out of the guitar just don't feel as 'alive' as when Smolksi would play it.

I'm also curious on their writing abilities now. This is just my opinion, but I felt that Smolksi's songs were the stronger tracks on the albums. I know Rage existed before him, but he was the drawing power for me continually listening to them.

I'll still checkout this new Rage material to give it a fair shake, but I understand the comments

Rage before Smolski is far superior to him joining the band. 11 studio albums before he set foot in the group. He was just another cog in the machine that is RAGE. They will carry on and keep making solid heavy metal without him as they did well before he joined the group.

Reactions: eppst1
Rage before Smolski is far superior to him joining the band. 11 studio albums before he set foot in the group. He was just another cog in the machine that is RAGE. They will carry on and keep making solid heavy metal without him as they did well before he joined the group.

I could not agree more with this, and I so look forward to the show next year. Reading this thread made me dig up a detailed post I wrote a very long time ago in this very forum. It was over 12 years ago - when Rage was announced for ProgPower USA IV...

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa/84405-question-you-rage-fans.html#post2018145

Rage has obviously kept trucking along since then, and I appreciate everything Peavy has been involved in. But "Refuge Era" Rage is still at the core of my musical world after all these years. I'll be right up against the stage for every second of this one.

Doug

I know very very little about Rage. But what I am gaining knowledge is that Refuge is the Rage that most people love, so I'm going to focus on listening to that as ProgPower approaches next year.