Raintime- Psychochromatic

Jan 6, 2010
Hey Ken, just wanted to know if this release is an EP or full length based on the low price? Thanx! Also, does anybody out there know whats become of Eric Rosvold, the former vocalist of Zero Hour? I havent seen any info. Thanx again!

I just bought this from Ken and it is indeed a full length album. A bit different from Flies and Lies--more electronic sound effects and less guitar solos. Definitely more atmospheric sounding in terms of the presence of keybords taking on more of the major melodies than the guitars but still I think its a great record.

No idea about the guy from Zer Hour.

Where've you lot been able to pick up the album? It's only been out a few days, unavailable in most parts of the world. What's the price anyway?

I'm not familiar to online shopping so can you tell me if this price is stationary? The album comes to local record stores in a month or two, so will it still be around 9$? Are the people in charge around here in a position to raise the price?

Maybe I'm wrong but I think Aletheus was asking if the price is going to be the same at his local store and he was inquiring if lasercd can charge what they want...

I can't be that hard to understand, can I? Haha...

LT is right. I just want to know will the stores in my place keep the CD at that price, or will they be in a position to raise it, unbeknown to us (the public). As I see it, the CD can be charged double or even triple the price presented by LaserCD. (Since the price of 9$ is rather cheap for a full length. Most CD's around here are in the range of 16-28$.)

Obviously impossible for us to know. In the US it is released on Bieler Bros. at a $10.98 list price. What will happen in Europe is beyond our range of knowledge.

What I meant was... Do you have any knowledge about such actions in record stores near you? In general are the stores in a position to manipulate the market, in a way?

And how come it was 9$ if the price set by Bieler Bros. is 11$?

I apologize if all of this seems like some sort of trolling, I'm just not familiar with the business, that is all.

Altetheus:

I don't understand the purpose of your questions. No one "manipulates" the market. There are applicable discounts from labels and distributors that retailers take advantage of. The suggested list price for Raintime is $10.98. that is only a "suggested" price - not mandatory.

Does this answer your question?

Ken Golden

Well... A whole lot of misunderstanding's appeared.

I just wanted to know, from your experience, can you possibly expect if a certain store would take advantage of such a low price, and maybe raise it, just so they would make money?

Sorry - your questions make no sense to me. Perhaps you can have a friend articulate your thoughts better because I don't understand at all where the questions are going and frankly I don't see the point.

KG

Sounds like a philosophical exercise in the merits of capitalism and the free market.

There are absolutely stores that will take this disc and mark it up to anywhere from $13 to $16. FYE comes to mind (if they even stock it) as their prices are ALWAYS higher than anyone else around, even more so when no one else in a traditional brick and mortar store carries the product.

The trick is to find your best, most reliable sources and don't waste your time on the rest. I have two or three on-line vendors I'll order from over the course of the year, and really only one physical store I buy CDs from. Sad. There used to be so much more.....

Jesus...Thank you SEK. I can't fathom how you couldn't see where I was going, lasercd. It's like you have no conception of "earning a lil' buck on the side".

And the point, which you don't see, is that I don't have an unlimited income, and I'm thinking of starting online shopping since it's obviously cheaper, in case the stores raise the price.

Cya

Bottom line: It's a good album, Flies & Lies was greater, but you shouldn't miss this one, download if you must :D

Aletheus,

If you are looking to purchase cd's from a web based store, you can't go wrong with The Laser's Edge site. I've been buying from Ken for a number of years and I've found him to always be fair in his pricing, plus the service is excellent. I don't think you will find pricing any better!

I don't even remember the last time I bought music from a physical store.:)

Cheers!