Rammstein - Why so hated on these boards?

But the really pressing question is not the one you've asked. Rather, I'd like to know why you'd ask Children of Bodom fans for opinions about music. Maybe you yourself are a Children of Bodom fan. If so, then fuck you.

I made the thread in the CoB subforum (it was a band discussion thread, I was asking nothing) because that's the main place I frequent on these boards, next to GMD and Thread Games.

And yes, I am a CoB fan -- I think they're a good band, aside from the fact that the quality of their last two albums has slipped horribly. I fail to see how me liking the band is relevant though, or why I should fuck off because of the fact.

Necuratul said:
Is it really surprising that a non-Metal band continually forced onto the Metal crowd might not be all that popular in certain sectors?
What exactly is it about the band that isn't metal? I'll quote myself from before:
I beg to differ; they may not be the super kvlt black metal you're used to, but they're metal nonetheless. To say otherwise, is actually pretty ignorant.

They aren't really metal. But I wouldn't say they are bad. They are industrial. They are like the German answer to Ministry. They are pretty simplistic, and only have two or three riffs per song, and their lyrics are pretty silly (I'm fluent in German, so I know). I'd rather listen to Rammstein than Disturbed or Nickelback or something.

Well you're stupid. Sorry.
Way to stoop to personal attacks, and not back your argument up. :loco:

Life Sucks said:
They are pretty simplistic, and only have two or three riffs per song, and their lyrics are pretty silly (I'm fluent in German, so I know). I'd rather listen to Rammstein than Disturbed or Nickelback or something.
I think they're lyrics are pretty silly as well. But I like the music, and I think it's heavy/aggressive enough to qualify as metal.

If you take away all the industrial elements of the band's sound, what's left is nowhere near rock.

This is such a pointless argument. holy fuck.Please shut up

Don't like a thread, don't post in it. That simple.

And besides, it's not my fault that the thread got shat up to all hell by one guy inciting a genre debate. I asked for opinions on the band, and lo and behold, GMD comes and shits things up again.

Don't like a thread, don't post in it. That simple.

And besides, it's not my fault that the thread got shat up to all hell by one guy inciting a genre debate. I asked for opinions on the band, and lo and behold, GMD comes and shits things up again.

I will side with Buttock on this folks - if you don't like the topic, he's not forcing you to post in it just because YOU don't think they're metal. Contribute intelligently or get out.

I just don't like when people post shit like this.

I don't see why. I like a lot of black metal myself, I'm not gonna deny that. But I think it's highly ignorant to say that a band is not metal, merely because it's not really extreme shit like that.

Sorry if I offended you. But when people make baseless claims like that, you can bet that I'm going to call them on it.

I don't see why. I like a lot of black metal myself, I'm not gonna deny that. But I think it's highly ignorant to say that a band is not metal, merely because it's not really extreme shit like that.

Sorry if I offended you. But when people make baseless claims like that, you can bet that I'm going to call them on it.

Rammstein is not Metal. It's not because they're not heavy or aggressive enough, neither of which are even remotely qualifications for being Metal, nor is it because "it's not really extreme shit like that", or any of the other ludicrous justifications you've attempted to put across. They're not Metal because they simply don't play Metal. If you ask the band themselves, I doubt they would tell you that they play Metal. Their sound is more akin to a bastardized hybrid of Industrial and and contemporary heavy Rock than anything else from what I can tell. I hear very little in their music that can reasonably pass for having traces of Metal.

I go to minor length to make this point because this is part of why certain regions of the Metal 'community' have a hatred from bands such as these, i.e. outsider acts that continually and inaccurately get associated with Metal because they have heavy guitars and mean lyrics. My point from the very beginning was that there is a certain degree of insult when you have bands like these associated with actual Metal bands that you like, especially since it's generally based off of ignorance toward the genre. It's almost spiteful, really. Bands that are 'hated' tend to have something about them a bit more than the music themselves in order to be hated, and this is why Rammstein is hated.

Rammstein is not Metal. It's not because they're not heavy or aggressive enough, neither of which are even remotely qualifications for being Metal, nor is it because "it's not really extreme shit like that", or any of the other ludicrous justifications you've attempted to put across. They're not Metal because they simply don't play Metal. If you ask the band themselves, I doubt they would tell you that they play Metal. Their sound is more akin to a bastardized hybrid of Industrial and and contemporary heavy Rock than anything else from what I can tell. I hear very little in their music that can reasonably pass for having traces of Metal.

You sure a very wordy poster, but you have no real substance to your post, you don't make any valid points. Even if what you say is true, you don't even persuade any one to believing your side. Anyway if all you need was "They're not Metal because they simply don't play Metal." To prove they aren't metal then all I need is They're Metal because they simply play Metal. To prove my point.

Fact is, I believe they play metal. I feel its kinda soft metal, but still metal. But thats just my opinion, and people need to realize that some people consider this band metal, and some don't. Its fine either way, its just an opinion, and opinions are not wrong.

And I don't see why anyone hates this band, if you don't like their music don't listen to it. I don't get why it's any more complicated than that.

Lots of metal is NOT extreme shit like that so your point is retarded.

You sure a very wordy poster, but you have no real substance to your post, you don't make any valid points. Even if what you say is true, you don't even persuade any one to believing your side. Anyway if all you need was "They're not Metal because they simply don't play Metal." To prove they aren't metal then all I need is They're Metal because they simply play Metal. To prove my point.

Fact is, I believe they play metal. I feel its kinda soft metal, but still metal. But thats just my opinion, and people need to realize that some people consider this band metal, and some don't. Its fine either way, its just an opinion, and opinions are not wrong.

And I don't see why anyone hates this band, if you don't like their music don't listen to it. I don't get why it's any more complicated than that.

He explained how they aren't metal in the latter half of his post. Rammstein has too much outside influence to be properly considered metal.