Ramones vs Misfits

That's a hard choice, really it is. I love both bands. But I'm going to have to go with The Misfits on this one. Especially early Misfits, with Danzig still in there. Hahaha, however, you must realize I'm listening to The Misfits right now... so I'm probably being swayed by one of their great songs.

Well Misfits without Danzig just isn't right. I like Graves but the Misfits sound changed without Glenn it wasn't just vocals. As an overall band I would have to go with Ramones. But the early Misfits stuff with Danzig is better than anything by the Ramones. The Misfits are hurt by the Graves era.

Here ya go, a fresh insight...:)

I personally would have to choose the Misfits. I didn't even get to see the Misfits live until Michael Graves joined the ranks. I tell ya I think he was the only suitable replacement out there. I have HIGH HIGH HIGH respect for the Ramones...believe me. The music of the Misfits just appeals to me more;) .

I'm a huge Glenn Danzig fan, so I am going with the Misfits. I love the Samhain, and Danzig as well.

The Misfits are NOT the Misfits without Glenn, it's blasphemy that Graves and company use the name. Glenn wrote every single note of music that the Misifts ever did. F the Newfits. F them to H. :p

Well anything other than Graves era Misfits.
I listen to some Graves era but it isn't a great place to start.
Start off with Static Age it is my favorite.
I think I have an idea for a new topic!!

Originally posted by raccyd
yeah one of my friends has the coffin box set but he refuses to lend me any of the cds from it- thinks i'll lose it- so mean! i'll just have to buy it myself of something
It's worth it, every recording they ever did, or at least every recording ever dug up anyhow. Actually I think one or two tracks may have surfaced since the coffin was released, but I'm not sure.

Oh yeah, I mean every recording ever done by the REAL Misfits, not the rehashed Newfits, that shit doesn't count. :mad:

That is too damn hard to decided. I love the Ramones and I love the Misfits(with Glenn of course). I dont think I could ever choose which one I liked better.

I like the Samhain boxset, but I read that a lot of it was inaccurate, and that some of the original recordings were not used for it. Either way I like it, but the Misfits box is more comprehensive.

I love the Ramones don't get me wrong but I have to choose. Both are excellent bands but the Misfits do more for me in the all around aspect of it. Music comes first and I would call them fairly even when it comes to that but lyrics and image take the Misfits over the top. I just love the Misfits style!