Redeemer of Souls

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Anyone else check out the new Priest album? 3 listens in and I'm digging it. There is stuff on there from that sounds like Painkiller era, Killing Machine era, Screaming For Vengeance era and more. A bit of a European metal vibe in some tracks too which is unexpected.

Not utterly brilliant, but worth checking out.

I listened to the first few tracks and didn't mind it, but I've never been a big Priest fan so can't compare it to the rest of their stuff.

I really dig it.
Good mix of Painkiller & Jugular era stuff.
Also back to the sci-fi themes too.

They have suffered from the loss of original members (the guitarist's whose name I forget, G.G. or something I think) but still better than a lot of other releases I've listened to of late.

A few days away from it and have listened to lots of albums since, but a few of the melodies from this keep popping back into my head.

Sword of Damocles is so unprecedented for Priest, it is fantastic. To pull a song like that out of the bag after 40 years is impressive.

Sword of Damocles is so unprecedented for Priest, it is fantastic. To pull a song like that out of the bag after 40 years is impressive.

Really agree on that point.

The song took me utterly by surprise & had to play it a few times to take it all in.
It put me in mind of hearing Anthrax's Worship Music album after so many misfires from that band.:headbang:

Priest are one of those bands that I like and own a few albums of, but have never got into heavily. Might have to give it a listen on Spotify.