Review Power Prog Fest

Cheiron said:
People at ProgPower would have -loved- to see those bands.

exactly what i said to them!!

GRAN DIA said:
One band that I was surprised of was Steel Attack, I have one of their albums one of the older ones I believe Falling into Madness and they sounded nothing like that here, seems they have changed their sound a lot, more downtuned, gothic tinged maybe some Evergrey influence as well, the music I thought was cool, the singer had a very good singing voice, really good control and tonality. The bassist had a good backup voice as well and their harmonies were very cool! I think most people were not familiar with them at all and I myself did not know of any of their new music or current sound so maybe the reaction was a bit less, but they were good live, came all the way from Sweden I believe so much respect to them!

yes, same with me. i was not sure what songs they were playing. anyway i only own one, and it's a great album, when i brought it for them to sign (where mankind falls) they were all "uff!! THAT album??" :puke:

Cheiron said:
People at ProgPower would have -loved- to see those bands.

I don't know man, I really didn't see that many requests for these two bands a few months ago... I have my doubts about that, but I may be wrong.

AngraRULES said:
I don't know man, I really didn't see that many requests for these two bands a few months ago... I have my doubts about that, but I may be wrong.

What I meant, is that if they were at ProgPower, I think the audience would have really got into their sets. I could also be wrong =d

Empress said:
exactly what i said to them!!

yes, same with me. i was not sure what songs they were playing. anyway i only own one, and it's a great album, when i brought it for them to sign (where mankind falls) they were all "uff!! THAT album??" :puke:

Yeah I liked the old stuff too. It seems like maybe they want to go a really different direction so they probably are not too big on their older material, they didnt play anything I remembered at all from the cd I have. The older stuff is total traditional epic power metal and this was more stylized gothic heavy metal, but they were good still and deserve to play to more people for sure!:headbang:

Cheiron said:
What I meant, is that if they were at ProgPower, I think the audience would have really got into their sets. I could also be wrong =d

I agree. :)
Atleast PP's audience would have appreciated them much more, any way. MM3 was all thrash and some thrash/death. So.. it's understandable as well.
I think Steel Attack, for sure would have done a better job playing at PP.