Richie Kotzen....freakin' amazing

I just saw Richie Kotzen perform here in Tampa last night......man, can that guy rip it up! I know as far as bluesy rock is concerned, a big deal was made about guys like Johnny Lang and Kenny Wayne Shepherd, but for some reason, Kotzen has never broken through to mass appeal. It's too bad, 'cos he really is a fantastic guitarist/singer, and he's also a top-flight songwriter. He's playing Orlando tonight, so if you're nearby, check him out!

oh yeah, I bet he was really amazing live I know it rocked. I have a lesson video from him from the way back it also has Gilbert,Malmsteen and Lynch on it,and like you said RK is mucho badass!

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing show in Tampa!! Well over 2 hours and he sounded amazing. Hands down one of the best guitar players I've ever seen. Its too bad he doesn't tour the U.S more frequently. If any of you ever get the chance to see this guy live, you will not leave disappointed.

His guitar tone is absolutely amazing. And I really dig the way he incorporated crazy shred stuff into his bluesy style. I used to have an old Shrapnel instrumental of his. It was amazing stuff. I wish South Carolina wasn't such a dead music scene. I'd love for him to come around here...