Riverside guitarist passes away

mëtålspëd

Umlauts ist Krieg
May 2, 2004
MA
www.vintageocwhite.com
WTF man :(

Just announced on their facebook page.

"In our deepest pain and disbelief we would like to inform you that our dearest friend and brother Piotr Grudzinski has passed away this morning. We kindly ask you to respect the privacy of his family and friends."

Oh my god nooo! :(

Devastated. Peace to Piotr, his family ,friends , Riverside , and fans.

Greatful to have his music in my life.

Reactions: Mardoch
I can't believe it, I'm in tears. There's been a lot of deaths recently, but this one has really affected me.

Niech spoczywa w pokoju

Last edited:
I don't know what to write. Such terrible news with which to awake. Piotr signed a picture for me at ProgPowerUSA this past year. It was but the briefest of encounters but while quiet, Piotr seemed very pleasant and gracious.

Oddly, I spent much of the past four days listening to Riverside while in Texas seeing my daughter graduate from AIT. Twenty seven of my favorite Riverside songs looped while I drove (when my wife would be quiet) and when I went to sleep at night. It feels strange to have been so deep into Riverside these pas few days and then learn of Piotr's death as soon as I returned home.

Prayers and blessings out to Piotr's family, band-mates, and friends.

This has been my favorite band since the first time I heard Loose Heart,even over Rush..
To me they were the closest thing I have seen to Pink Floyd in concert..

This is an irreplaceable talent...I'm devastated by this

What a shock! I never actually got to meet Piotr, but he just seemed like a really great guy. While other guitarists need hundreds of notes to express a complex feeling or emotion, Piotr could say the same thing in just a few notes. His on-stage demeanor certainly was consistent with this very special gift. Piotr will be deeply missed.

Very very sad. 40 years old entirely too young. R.I.P. And who knows if I'd have ever seen them or met them without Glenn bringing them over. So thanks man and to Ken Golden as well for bringing them into our lives too.

Glad to have this memento of two amazing performances at PPUSA.

3WRt9jhDE106bYKbW6laBEwCvGKmzgBN5D2DBX98LSpD8uiIRRgdOUpkG7w952k_CvHTrnbRpppfX3mgVcvw75sdsTLsg0TXZ0svUbbZeDOjQpNNatO4vFgFo3AmRDzAoJxtQ7Sv40FCzV7hI5vNBiguC5nKjyDGlwzCpCl3fj9nY5SdCRYmZbL8ooh9ojVlu_jy19aXesCehymclXCcne1srUX4u8dsUWejquwKlGBpd4S5t6Q4TvOcXv7bx-qyjH7zH5pe-tuc9-nmNCITpmE4l4vcfzrExjbzg5i540QPtf8USlrklCCoZf2WUyjYuPRRodx3njIRiVwqGCWcoJRlCkaN4zzQBQ0bRpqjhMiaUFlDdieLi4Zc6ssVJrS0wZxbGCMDYX8Ye2SOQv24KWejgKG5UOe_XuFGjZF22L1mtAJqMS3M2Qfq4FyY4ItHz_Ka2d-93CTfAVvhUd0Kc7A0hesKZnaQdRorEEVd7-bET_3Ly3BdFVCop4AhWTbHqFrkcEV-sAkNuEGN1tNstsVM7_K1Uzri0V7PAQi28prs3sg50Px2Ud2stIR_F3g1bNBO=w806-h604-no

Reactions: NorseBlood