Ronnie Jame Dio Hospitalized :(

From the official Dio blog on Myspace:

Here is the latest update from Wendy Dio:

"Ronnie has been diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer. We are starting treatment immediately at the Mayo Clinic. After he kills this dragon, Ronnie will be back on stage, where he belongs, doing what he loves best, performing for his fans.

Bad news indeed. It was at the Mayo Clinic where my Aunt Susie was originally diagnosed with stomach cancer. Turned out to be a rare form of bile-duct cancer instead. She ended up dying a couple weeks later. This was just this past spring, and I still miss her dearly. :cry:

I can only hope and pray that Ronnie comes out of this and not meet the same fate as my aunt (who, BTW, was also about the same age as Ronnie).

Bad news indeed. It was at the Mayo Clinic where my Aunt Susie was originally diagnosed with stomach cancer. Turned out to be a rare form of bile-duct cancer instead. She ended up dying a couple weeks later. This was just this past spring, and I still miss her dearly. :cry:

I can only hope and pray that Ronnie comes out of this and not meet the same fate as my aunt (who, BTW, was also about the same age as Ronnie).
Well, I also have had a bad experience with someone and stomach cancer, but it was caught very late. She said she felt fine up until two weeks before seeing the doctor, and had only some minor digestive/heart burn issues. We lost her six weeks later. I truly hope and pray that Dio has caught it early 'cause I just love that guy, even beyond being a vocalist. He's one of my heroes for many other reasons.

Let's all think positive & send lots of love to Ronnie's way!!! I for one, as many of you think of Dio as one of the greatest Metal vocalist of our time!!!! And I, as well as all of y'all, wouldn't know wtf to do if one of my biggest Metal Icons & Heroes suddenly died?!!!!! :( Let's all keep ronnie in our thoughts & prayers that he beats this!!! He is one tough ass bastard!!! :headbang:

I'd like to add my best wishes to Ronnie and Wendy. The man's impact on heavy metal has been felt the world over. I know he's not getting any younger, but we don't want to lose him just yet.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert