Ronny Munroe departs Presto Ballet

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Ronny Munroe (Trans-Siberian Orchestra/Ex-Metal Church) has stepped down as vocalist of progressive metal band Presto Ballet, the band founded by Ex-Metal Church guitarist Kurdt Vanderhoof.

The following is the statement posted on Munroe's Facebook page:
"I must regretfully announce my departure as lead vocalist of Presto Ballet. My continued involvement with the Trans Siberian Orchestra has made it impossible to leave me with enough time to fully dedicate myself to such a great band as Presto Ballet. I'm wishing Kurdt Vanderhoof and the rest of the guys continued success, and I thank Kurdt for allowing me the chance to share in, and be a part of, his vision."

Monroe joined Presto Ballet in 2010 and performed vocals on the band's latest LP "Invisible Places" (2011).

Highly annoying news. As much as I was skeptic about Munroe be right for Presto Ballet (which seems to change line-up for every album) when he joined, I ended swallowing my prejudice as the album was hands down, top 5 material for progressive rock last year.

I have to say he sounds much better than he does on the Metal Church albums but still there is something about his voice that rubs me the wrong way.