Roy says hello to the doubters...

Maybe it's just me but I kept waiting for the opening riffs of March of Mephisto to pop up...

Seriously though, I'd actually be interested if he went into the recording studio and did some gospel or Christian rock. David Phelps (no relation to the dead psycho pastor) is a complete badass gospel singer with crossover appeal. I think Roy could do that if he chooses.

He'd be a great guest vocalist on a Neal Morse album.

I'm not sure if I want to hear Khan perform gospel more than I want to hear Warrel Dane scat singing or less than I want to hear Matt Barlow rapping.

Those are some awesome mental images you created for me. I only brought up the gospel stuff because that's the most likely route he'd go, and it would be very interesting to hear him outside of the prog/power/metal genres.

Completely disagree. While I'm not a religious person by any means, it is great to hear him singing...and of course he gives the religious tunes a reverence that is certainly necessary for those songs to be powerful. I wish it had more of him soloing, though...

It's so much easier to be happy for Khan and wish him well now that I've heard Kamelot without him. I feel like I ought to thank him now.

Sorry Justin, Tommy is good but he is no Khan. I will take Khan over Tommy anyday!!

Why doesn't Khan just go the Rob Rock route? It would allow him to follow his faith while continuing to rock out.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Why doesn't Khan just go the Rob Rock route? It would allow him to follow his faith while continuing to rock out.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

If I recall the comments from around the time he left Kamelot, he said he was no longer comfortable being in a metal band.

Has this been pulled from the internet already? Link is broken and every youtube clip has been pulled. :( I really wanted to hear it. And I'd totally pay money to hear Barlow Rap!

So that link and video is for the song "Please Come Home", which I don't think is a gospel song. The link claims he is doing the gospel song "You Raise Me Up" which certainly IS a gospel song! I can't find a copy of that anywhere so far. "Please Come Home" is a VERY nice song. I miss his voice. But I don't think that's a gospel song. Can any one confirm?

So that link and video is for the song "Please Come Home", which I don't think is a gospel song. The link claims he is doing the gospel song "You Raise Me Up" which certainly IS a gospel song! I can't find a copy of that anywhere so far. "Please Come Home" is a VERY nice song. I miss his voice. But I don't think that's a gospel song. Can any one confirm?

The link hasn't changed since I posted it yesterday. When you click on it, you should see this at the top of the screen:

raisemeup.png

Click on the button that says play.

That song is not called "please come home". That song is called "cry" by Conception. I assume they titled is please come home asking him to come back.