Roy says hello to the doubters...

Personally I don't care, just think it is funny.
However considering the "look" and understanding why it is important you have to understand the sub-culture first. No one wants to know that their heroes go home and do what average people do.

I also think it's funny, but I guess that's part of it and why I don't understand why people care what musicians wear on stage, whether or not they have long hair, tattoos, etc.

None of these guys are my "heroes"....they just put out music I like...sometimes a LOT. It's ALL about the music to me, and I've never really been into the fan-boy worship crap. I may go on and on about what an amazing voice a singer has, or what a great songwriter someone is, etc, etc, but if I meet them, I just take it as an opportunity to get to know the person behind the music...maybe get some insights into the lyrics, etc. They're not on any pedestal to me, and if they're dicks, I move on and don't waste my time talking to them (though I'll still enjoy the music).

Maybe it was a joke; Tomas said hey we can get Roy to wear this, Roy well do anything.

Ha! That could be true, but given that most of the Kamelot guys are inked up, and Roy isn't, it was obviously so he'd "fit in." I guess I do fault Roy for giving in to the pressure to "fit in" (whether from the rest of the band, or internal from his own need to fit in), but I'd *guess* that it was Thomas wanting to keep the band's "image" pure. After all, Khan didn't do the tattoo sleeves in Conception (though he did wear some other absurd crap).

The guy had/has a great voice. For our purposes, he's stopped using it, which is a shame, but beyond that, who knows? Who cares?!?! :)

Craig

I also think it's funny, but I guess that's part of it and why I don't understand why people care what musicians wear on stage, whether or not they have long hair, tattoos, etc.

Thinking that is part of the point, no one does care about long hair or tats so why must bands or people like Khan feel the need to pose? Seriously there is going to be more of a negative view on a poser (damn I hate using that word), than their would be on a metal guy who doesn't have tattoos.
Ok I have spend to much time talking about this goober. It's just lame that's all, it is as lame as "that guy, don't be that guy".

The material in Conception will always be better than his material Kamelot, but with that said Karma and The Fourth Legacy are some of the best melodic power metal.

Also who cares what Roy is doing now, I know I don't.

Peer pressure does not just affect kids. I imagine Khan was under some pressure to project a more stereotypical appearance to satisfy another person or group. Could have been band mates but it could have been promoters, agents...even friends.

I wear a tie every day because it is expected of me. I never wear one outside of work. That may make me a poser, a conformist, or even lame but my job performance makes me highly in demand. So it was with Khan.

Not everyone will like a given artist. Aesthetics differ. I have heard bands that made me want to bore my ears out with an auger to make the pain stop but clearly some people loved them because the house was packed. Since most music is listened to over the radio, on CD or via a portable music player, I think how a band looks is far less important than how they sound.

But I guess if whether some people like or dislike Khan, Kamelot or Conception based on whether any of the band members wear fake tattoos or wigs, they are free to do so.

I don't wear tats but fake tattoos would be the only ONLY tats for me. Not a big fan of needles!

Peer pressure does not just affect kids. I imagine Khan was under some pressure to project a more stereotypical appearance to satisfy another person or group. Could have been band mates but it could have been promoters, agents...even friends.

I wear a tie every day because it is expected of me. I never wear one outside of work. That may make me a poser, a conformist, or even lame but my job performance makes me highly in demand. So it was with Khan.
Rock, Metal and Punk have always been about rebellion and non-conformity. So to dress up and play the part, as you would in the corporate world, will always be looked down upon by a large percentage of those fan bases. And people who wear fake tattoos, will always be met with a special kind of disdain from (most of) those folks who have tattoos.

I think how a band looks is far less important than how they sound.

Oh I think we can all agree to that, but in a live setting, there are those times where the look can really distract from the performance. I mentioned Omen. Bizarre, distracting look on stage that was distracting; however, that's not going to stop me from listening to their albums still.

I think it's kind of funny that most of the people defending wearing FAKE TATTOOS would probably berate a hipster for wearing fake glasses in a heartbeat....

Yeah it's a costume. That doesn't make it a good idea. Lots of stage costumes suck and are stupid. This is a prime example.

I think it's kind of funny that most of the people defending wearing FAKE TATTOOS would probably berate a hipster for wearing fake glasses in a heartbeat....

Yeah it's a costume. That doesn't make it a good idea. Lots of stage costumes suck and are stupid. This is a prime example.

I'm not defending the tattoo sleeves (personally I find tattoos repugnant and would just as soon never see another), but I wouldn't make fun of hipsters for fake glasses. I would make fun of hipsters for being hipsters.

Ironic that Khan is being blasted for not being a non-conformist because he tried to conform to the image in a non-conforming fashion.

I too think the tat sleeves were kinda silly but it in no way detracts from my admiration for Khan as a singer or performer.

I find it hilarious that you guys keep discussing the looks of someone over 7 PAGES. And it's about a fashion choice he made for ONE concert out of so many. A concert that was 7 years ago. :guh:

That makes the tabloids look like kindergarten to me...

I find it hilarious that you guys keep discussing the looks of someone over 7 PAGES. And it's about a fashion choice he made for ONE concert out of so many. A concert that was 7 years ago. :guh:

That makes the tabloids look like kindergarten to me...

I think we all get a little feisty in the weeks leading up to PP. We have our game faces on.

Milton, embrace your dork side. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that a lot of us, myself included, are the Sheldons and Leonards of the metal world.