Rush - Permanent Waves (Mo-Fi Edition!) now in stock

IE - Another way to rerelease an album in a version that you really DON'T need, but some nifty techinical verbage in the description will make you think you do.

PASS.

<<So, is this like listening in HD?>>

No...but kind of. This is a standard CD. Mobile Fidelity is an audiophile label that goes back to the original analog master tapes as the source. They are also quite conservative of their use of eq and compression, letting the music have as much dynamics as possible. The Rush catalog has been treated pretty poorly in the past, so compared to the current standard version of the CD, which sounds like dog poop, this is revitalized and better sounding version.

Ken Golden

IE - Another way to rerelease an album in a version that you really DON'T need, but some nifty techinical verbage in the description will make you think you do.

PASS.

What, they included that Rush song on there as well?!?! :lol:

Am I the only one that had to do a double-take on the thread title? I originally thought it said "Rush - Permanent Waves (Mo-Fo Edition!)"

I literally lol'd at that. Thanks for the chortle. :kickass:

<<So, is this like listening in HD?>>

No...but kind of. This is a standard CD. Mobile Fidelity is an audiophile label that goes back to the original analog master tapes as the source. They are also quite conservative of their use of eq and compression, letting the music have as much dynamics as possible. The Rush catalog has been treated pretty poorly in the past, so compared to the current standard version of the CD, which sounds like dog poop, this is revitalized and better sounding version.

This 'mo-fo' version ( :) ) actually has me interested now, since the 'loudness war' really irks the crap out of me -- and one of the worst offenders was Rush's Vapour Trails. I'll have to do some more research on this before ponying up yet more money for a Rush release I've owned at least 3 times, but anyone (like MFSL) who successfully re-releases the Beatles' back catalog has a lot going for them.