Sabaton opening for Overkill in NYC

Well, it looks like the Bottom Lounge is going to be my new home away from home. Any Chicago locals care to share some info about the place? It looks like the only parking is street parking. Does anyone know if it is metered?

Well, it looks like the Bottom Lounge is going to be my new home away from home. Any Chicago locals care to share some info about the place? It looks like the only parking is street parking. Does anyone know if it is metered?

I'll let you know after Monday when Blind Guardian play there. However, Bob will probably answer you before then I'm guessing. I most likely will try to train it as I usually do -- unless someone knows that this is a Reggies-type place where the shows get delayed.

Bottom Lounge is my favorite place to see shows in Chicago. For parking it isnt metered....I could be wrong but parking is plenty since it is in the middle of an industrial part of town so by 4 PM there is nothing happening around there asides this one other high end dance club down the road. It is a pretty safe area for parking...you dont have to worry about you car getting messed with. Lots and lots of street parking too.

The club itself....The one real cool thing is that when you walk in there it is a giant restuarant with great food. You can wait inside instead of sitting outside in line. When Kreator played they just had the line inside. If you are over 21 you can go in and out of the place all night long if you need to. It is 2 floors. The second floor has a small stage and a bar / patio thing. The regular shows is next to the restuarant. The show room is pretty big. I guess it holds 800 to 900. The sound is great. For all the shows there I never had an issue with the sound. Plus you can see from almost anywhere in the place. Clean restrooms and a bar inside the show room too. Security is very laid back too. The room is more wide than long so even if you are in the back you are not very far from the stage.

If you are into meeting bands and getting pictures. This is the perfect place since all the times I have been there the bands have either been in the restuarant or just walking around. The cool thing is that the bar / restuarant is open till 2AM I think everynight so after the show you can hang out still. You dont get rushed out of the place after the show like some places.

If you are going to Blind Guardian look for Jason, Simon and I and say "Hello"

Thanks for the info guys. It sounds like a pretty cool place. I will be at the Blind Guardian show on Monday so I should see you there. (I don't think I have seen you guys since the Pagan's Mind/Stratovarius show.) I will also be at the Symphony X/Nevermore show, the Accept show and probably the Immortal show. Looks like it will be another busy year, ha ha.

Thanks for the info guys. It sounds like a pretty cool place. I will be at the Blind Guardian show on Monday so I should see you there. (I don't think I have seen you guys since the Pagan's Mind/Stratovarius show.) I will also be at the Symphony X/Nevermore show, the Accept show and probably the Immortal show. Looks like it will be another busy year, ha ha.

cool....look forward to seeing you again. It is going to be a great show monday.

Hey Bob, when typically do shows get out at Bottom Lounge? Is it like Reggies where everything gets delayed and goes late or do they stick pretty much to the schedule?

Hey Bob, when typically do shows get out at Bottom Lounge? Is it like Reggies where everything gets delayed and goes late or do they stick pretty much to the schedule?

Pretty much everywhere these days sticks to a schedule, the only question is whether they let you know about the schedule they're following. Reggie's lists a single time on their website; generally that's when doors open, and then the first band starts an hour later. They post a schedule you can look at right by the sound booth, and they stick to it.

Bottom Lounge lists a door time and a show time. I haven't paid enough attention there to remember if bands actually start at the scheduled show time or not. I feel that they might usually start 15 or 30 minutes after the listed time, but don't quote me on that if you really don't want to miss the first band. If you sneak around the soundboard you might be able to see the schedule, although of course that's a bit late to be helpful!

If you're talking about somehow taking Metra, it seems like you could be cutting it a bit close for Blind Guardian, but I don't know what time your last train leaves. There is plenty of free parking within a couple blocks, though lately Lake Street has been under construction and a one-way going past the Bottom Lounge; not sure if that's still going on, not that it's a big deal anyway.

Neil

Pretty much everywhere these days sticks to a schedule, the only question is whether they let you know about the schedule they're following. Reggie's lists a single time on their website; generally that's when doors open, and then the first band starts an hour later. They post a schedule you can look at right by the sound booth, and they stick to it.

Bottom Lounge lists a door time and a show time. I haven't paid enough attention there to remember if bands actually start at the scheduled show time or not. I feel that they might usually start 15 or 30 minutes after the listed time, but don't quote me on that if you really don't want to miss the first band. If you sneak around the soundboard you might be able to see the schedule, although of course that's a bit late to be helpful!

If you're talking about somehow taking Metra, it seems like you could be cutting it a bit close for Blind Guardian, but I don't know what time your last train leaves. There is plenty of free parking within a couple blocks, though lately Lake Street has been under construction and a one-way going past the Bottom Lounge; not sure if that's still going on, not that it's a big deal anyway.

Neil

Yeah I'm thinking of doing Metra. Train leaves at 12:40. If they don't delay that much I'll probably try it. Yeah, with Reggies they like to change the time at last minute.

I am seeing the start time on the web site for the show is now 8 PM. Kind of late actually for them. When I saw Kreator there the start time was 6. They had 5 bands though and it was out at 11 I think. For the times I have been there they have been pretty much on time, like Neil said...they have started a tad late sometimes too. I would drive. if it is a 8 PM start time...figure Seven Kingdoms will be on at 8:15 to 8:45. Holy Grail from like 9:00 or later to like 9:45 and Blind Guardian after 10. You could make the train I guess or maybe Jason could be a real sport and give you a ride home since you dont live far from each other.

Reggies has gotten nontorious for starting super late. When Agalloch played it was a 9 PM start time. Show didnt start till 10. Same for the Metal Haven Farwell show. 6PM start time and it didnt start till 7. Both shows got out at 2:30 AM. The Katatonia show started way later than advertised.

I am seeing the start time on the web site for the show is now 8 PM. Kind of late actually for them. When I saw Kreator there the start time was 6. They had 5 bands though and it was out at 11 I think. For the times I have been there they have been pretty much on time, like Neil said...they have started a tad late sometimes too. I would drive. if it is a 8 PM start time...figure Seven Kingdoms will be on at 8:15 to 8:45. Holy Grail from like 9:00 or later to like 9:45 and Blind Guardian after 10. You could make the train I guess or maybe Jason could be a real sport and give you a ride home since you dont live far from each other.

Reggies has gotten nontorious for starting super late. When Agalloch played it was a 9 PM start time. Show didnt start till 10. Same for the Metal Haven Farwell show. 6PM start time and it didnt start till 7. Both shows got out at 2:30 AM. The Katatonia show started way later than advertised.

Yeah as you know, I'm not big on driving into the city. I'm especially not big on it this time of year. Haha. I think I'll be fine considering there are just three bands, plus it being a Monday and all. I don't see this going any later than midnight and that's probably an exaggeration.

Yeah I'm thinking of doing Metra. Train leaves at 12:40. If they don't delay that much I'll probably try it.

Ah, yeah, I was thinking it would be 11:40, which would be cutting it close, but I guess 12:40 should be fine. Still, as much as I love public transportation, if you have access to a car, I think that would be a heck of a lot easier, especially with the cold and rain and all.

Yeah, with Reggies they like to change the time at last minute.

Well, no, I've been there 12 times and have never been surprised by a time change. And if you add in the shows Bob mentioned, it's pretty clear that they follow a predictable schedule/pattern. Maybe something out of their control happened at the show you went to, but that can happen anywhere, and it's unlikely to happen at another show that you see there.

Neil

Neil....I hope you are right. I am going to Reggies tonight and dont want to be there till 2:30 AM. They say the show starts at 6. I have a feeling it will be more like 7. Oh well...still am excited to see Forbidden / Gama Bomb.

They say the show starts at 6. I have a feeling it will be more like 7.

Yeah, didn't I already say that's how it works? "Reggie's lists a single time on their website; generally that's when doors open, and then the first band starts an hour later. They post a schedule you can look at right by the sound booth, and they stick to it." Check the posted schedule when you get there, and let me know what it says. I bet you'll hear the first notes played within 3 minutes of 7pm. Also, since it's an all-ages show, there's *really* no danger of it going 'til 2:30.

Neil

Ah, yeah, I was thinking it would be 11:40, which would be cutting it close, but I guess 12:40 should be fine. Still, as much as I love public transportation, if you have access to a car, I think that would be a heck of a lot easier, especially with the cold and rain and all.

Well, no, I've been there 12 times and have never been surprised by a time change. And if you add in the shows Bob mentioned, it's pretty clear that they follow a predictable schedule/pattern. Maybe something out of their control happened at the show you went to, but that can happen anywhere, and it's unlikely to happen at another show that you see there.

Neil

I guess I'm just a creature of habit with Metra. I'm also just not very comfortable most of the time driving in the city. Plus, even though it's a longshot I do it more as an insurance policy since at this time I really can't afford an accident or whatever.

I've only been there four times. I don't remember whether or not the Baroness show was on time or not. The Dianno one was on time...that is until there was a huge delay before his set, which of course was him, not the venue. Katatonia is the show where it was really pushed back and to a certain extent, Nevermore. I just know in the future I need to check the site closer to the date of the show since I usually go by the time on the ticket.

There was a delay in tonights show since Bonded By Blood got there late so they let people in at 6:30 and started the show at 6:45. It actually was the fastest moving show I have been to in a while....the 3 openers pretty much shared the same drum kit so it saved set up time with that. Seriously this was a monsteruos tour....all 4 bands were great.

Some good news (except for me)

The open Friday date is NOT the New England H&M Fest but....... A headlining date in Rochester. They'll also be doing a headlining show in Tempe.

April 15
Montage Music Hall Rochester NY

May 3
Clubhouse Tempe, AZ

I would so be at that Rochester date but my sister in law is getting married that weekend.