Sabaton pranks Accept in Houston

Andy Laudano

Feb 24, 2005
Ft Worth Texas
I went to the Accept/Sabaton shows in San Antonio and Houston. Both nights were unbelievable and the crowds were way into both bands. Since the Houston show was their last show on the tour with Accept, Sabaton decided to have a bit of fun. During Accept's "Princess of the Dawn" Sabaton came back onstage dressed like princesses carrying wands and wearing pink dresses, tieras, sashes with words like "DIVA" on them, etc.:lol: It was the funniest thing I have ever seen at a concert. Then during "Balls to the Wall" they released like 20 beach balls into the crowd which ended up bombarding Accept onstage. Funny stuff!

Earlier in the night, Sabaton were so moved by the overwhelming reaction they got from the crowd in Houston THEY GAVE AWAY THEIR DRUM KIT!! Joakim actually walked over and handed me one of the drums. Coolest concert souvenir I ever got!

Oh my JEEZ!! That is FABULOUS!! I'm telling you, the guys from Sabaton are awesome. Sooo personable and really, the kindest band I've ever spoken to.

Yup, I was at that show too. Sabaton definitely had a small but vocal crowd and yes, it was funny as hell to see them in those flowery sundresses parade up on stage. Poor Mark Tornillo couldn't keep a straight face singing the rest of the choruses to Princess of the Dawn.

Sabaton didn't do much for me at PP but I have to admit, they put on a good show Saturday night in Houston with excellent sound and energy. While the metal breast plate still looks silly on Joakin, at least there wasn't another parachute pants accident. I look forward to seeing them again when they open for Evergrey in October at the Scout Bar.

Oh my JEEZ!! That is FABULOUS!! I'm telling you, the guys from Sabaton are awesome. Sooo personable and really, the kindest band I've ever spoken to.

This. I was so taken on how nice these folks really are. Got to meet them of course at ProgPower several years ago, but talking to them at Jaxx showed me an ever better side of this band... kudos to them and all that they do for power metal. :headbang: :kickass: