SAVATAGE reunion at Wacken 2015!

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2014/ma...article/woa-2015-erste-bands-bestaetigt-9725/

TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA and SAVATAGE – only live shows in Europe in 2015!

Paul O´Neill and Jon Oliva are coming to W:O:A with their most important projects!

Trans-Siberian Orchestra will be performing live on stage at Wacken 2015, followed immediately by a Savatage reunion gig, that also marks their first live performance in over a decade.

Furthermore, these will be the only live appearances of both bands in Europe in 2015!

Wow - unfortunately, Wacken's dates are one of the worst times of the year for me to try and travel (work schedule).

But, as it's clearly noted that "these will be the only live appearances of both bands in Europe in 2015", is there hope that there could be appearances by both outside of Europe in 2015?

How could you people really want "Savatage" to play ProgPower? You'll already have seen Weapons of Mass Destruction, John Oliva's Pain do a regular set, play Streets in its entirety, and a Jon Oliva piano set, plus you've seen Circle II Circle do a regular set and then do Wake of Magellan in its entirety.

I like Savatage, sure...but haven't we already seen enough for a while?

How could you people really want "Savatage" to play ProgPower? You'll already have seen Weapons of Mass Destruction, John Oliva's Pain do a regular set, play Streets in its entirety, and a Jon Oliva piano set, plus you've seen Circle II Circle do a regular set and then do Wake of Magellan in its entirety.

I like Savatage, sure...but haven't we already seen enough for a while?

You can read Oliva's opinion on the matter on the ProgPower USA program interview I conducted with him this Summer.

It hits the ProgPower newstands on September 12th. :headbang::loco:

There will be no Savatage reunion show at ProgPower USA XVI.

However, there will be one of the greatest performances of Jon's career at ProgPower USA XV.

If any Savatage show takes place it should be right here in Tampa. Since Jon and the guys changed their minds to do a local show before PP, it's the least he could do for the hometown crowd. :headbang:

There will be no Savatage reunion show at ProgPower USA XVI.

However, there will be one of the greatest performances of Jon's career at ProgPower USA XV.

And I hope my comments about them playing at future PPUSA fests wasn't taken as just me being an asshole. It's an opinion, but TRUST ME - I will be front and center (or as close to it) for the JOP Streets set. I cannot fucking wait to see that.

I'm just saying - with all those dudes have done for us since their break up...is it really necessary for them to even call it Savatage nowadays for us to be satisfied with seeing them live?

Save for being able to go back in time and see Criss play guitar, I don't think there's an iteration of the band I'd really rather see than what I've already seen and will see in September. I'm Savatage satisfied. I'm Savasfied.

Well, they were going to do this a year or two back, but something happened with Jon on a personal level. This would be an excellent opportunity for these shows to be recorded for a DVD/Blu-Ray release though. Surely they will...

~Brian~

And I hope my comments about them playing at future PPUSA fests wasn't taken as just me being an asshole. It's an opinion, but TRUST ME - I will be front and center (or as close to it) for the JOP Streets set. I cannot fucking wait to see that.

I'm just saying - with all those dudes have done for us since their break up...is it really necessary for them to even call it Savatage nowadays for us to be satisfied with seeing them live?

Save for being able to go back in time and see Criss play guitar, I don't think there's an iteration of the band I'd really rather see than what I've already seen and will see in September. I'm Savatage satisfied. I'm Savasfied.

Been saying this for years that a Savatage reunion isn't much better than what we've gotten over the years.

Been saying this for years that a Savatage reunion isn't much better than what we've gotten over the years.

Even Jon says in interviews that he doesn't see the point of a Savatage reunion, as Jon Oliva's Pain and Trans-Siberian Orchestra pretty much cover all that ground in all but the name.

Savasfied... Lol. Seriously though, I agree. We've seen plenty of Savatage over the last decade in everything but name. Looking at the Wacken page linked above, the thing I'd like to see most is the Amorphis set where they're performing the entire Tales From The Thousand Lakes album.