Scar Symmetry - New Album Details and Artwork

jem777az

Bozzman
Sep 23, 2007
Peoria, AZ
From Blabbermouth:

Swedish progressive melodic death metallers SCAR SYMMETRY will release their new album, "The Unseen Empire", in Europe on April 15 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Commented the band's drummer, Henrik Ohlsson: "'The Unseen Empire' seeks to expose the hidden hand of the elite that pull the strings of mankind in order to fulfill their agenda of global domination. The album concept goes from theories of shadow governments to secret ancient bloodlines and even further into speculations of malevolent influence from metaphysical reptilian-based intelligences. Mankind's only hope to survive seems to be an internal awakening where the influence of the unseen empire that rules in secrecy is washed away from the minds of the masses. They want us to stay within the framework of their agenda, hypnotizing us with things that draw attention but has no value. It's time to step outside the framework and make 'the unseen empire' visible!"

Check out the CD cover artwork below.

scarsymmetry-unseenempire.jpg

From Blabbermouth:

The album concept goes from theories of shadow governments to secret ancient bloodlines and even further into speculations of malevolent influence from metaphysical reptilian-based intelligences.

I haven't really given Scar Symmetry a fair listen since Christian left, but the concept for this album sounds awesomely entertaining. I'm not sold on the album artwork however. I can see how it might tie into the idea of government conspiracies, but it feels like too much of a departure from their previous albums covers.

And you were ragging me about being a troll? You have something derogatory to say in seemingly every thread.

Okay, it's obvious you have no idea what a troll is (nor have you really read most of my posts if you say that...). Please lrn2internt. Secondly, retarded is a more than apt term to describe the ridiculous concept of this album. There's nothing intelligent about believing that my lizard is part of a shadow government and runs the world. And not only is it stupid, but it's already been done to death. I feel like this is the 14 thousandth metal band after The Faceless, Megadeth, Muse, Fear Factory, etc etc etc to write about shit like this.

Okay, it's obvious you have no idea what a troll is. Please lrn2internt. Secondly, retarded is a more than apt term to describe the ridiculous concept of this album. There's nothing intelligent about believing that my lizard is part of a shadow government and runs the world. And not only is it stupid, but it's already been done to death. I feel like this is the 14 thousandth metal band after The Faceless, Fear Factory, etc etc etc to write about shit like this.
If I don't know what a troll is, then how could you accuse me of being one? There's nothing intelligent about using the term "retarded" to describe anything. It's a condescending word and very insulting to anyone here who may possibly know or be related to someone who is mentally challenged.

Nobody accused you of being a troll, we just said you sounded like one (but that being said, saying "how could I be a troll if I don't know what a troll is" is like saying "how could I be raping this girl if I don't know what rape is?"). If anything I wasn't entirely serious, but the fact that you treat the internet like real life explains to me why you would take such offense to that that you would bleed it into another thread and also get so defensive.

To be fair, I ALWAYS thought Scar Symmetry's lyrical concepts were insanely stupid. Henke the drummer strikes me as one of these crazy conspiracy nuts and there are quite a few of them in Scandinavia playing in bands thinking that they have this great message to tell us. But as for my use of "retarded"-- you do realize that the meaning of words change right? In fact, the entire reason why we call someone with mental retardation "retarded" is because the word itself originally denoted slowness ("tardy" -- as in "she was tardy for class," is derived from "retarded"). Thus, if you can't differentiate my use of the word from a derogatory criticism against the mentally handicapped, MY intelligence is the last thing you should be calling into question. If it's okay for Trey Parker and Matt Stone (who are probably smarter than myself and everyone on this forum) to bring it into a new cultural vernacular, it's okay for me.

In short: cry moar.

On a sidenote, I actually like the artwork. I tend to be gravitating more towards graphic design style artworks these days and less epic hand drawn scenes because too many bands are doing it nowadays and it's getting old. Clean and simple never fails!

Can't wait. Scar Symmetry are definitely on the top of the pile for metal imo. I love all of their albums. I just hope this one has better production values than Dark Matter Dimensions, which had bad production when compared to Holographic Universe.

Can't wait. Scar Symmetry are definitely on the top of the pile for metal imo. I love all of their albums. I just hope this one has better production values than Dark Matter Dimensions, which had bad production when compared to Holographic Universe.

+1

Really. Just because you don't know you're doing something doesn't mean you're not doing it.

In fact, I take back what I said earlier about not accusing him of being a troll. I totally accuse him of being a troll at this point.

The reason for the change in production is because Jonas the band's guitarist moved to a new studio since the first 3 albums, so the new albums will never sound like the originals just because all the gear is different and also because of more time constraints since he's producing more bands etc.

From Blabbermouth:

Swedish progressive melodic death metallers SCAR SYMMETRY will release their new album, "The Unseen Empire", in Europe on April 15 via Nuclear Blast Records.

Commented the band's drummer, Henrik Ohlsson: "'The Unseen Empire' seeks to expose the hidden hand of the elite that pull the strings of mankind in order to fulfill their agenda of global domination. The album concept goes from theories of shadow governments to secret ancient bloodlines and even further into speculations of malevolent influence from metaphysical reptilian-based intelligences. Mankind's only hope to survive seems to be an internal awakening where the influence of the unseen empire that rules in secrecy is washed away from the minds of the masses. They want us to stay within the framework of their agenda, hypnotizing us with things that draw attention but has no value. It's time to step outside the framework and make 'the unseen empire' visible!"

Check out the CD cover artwork below.

scarsymmetry-unseenempire.jpg

Are they playing on the whole Avatar movie concept? I never could sit through that, but that's what the above description makes me think of. Regardless, I've found this band to be very enjoyable over the last few years. I'm looking forward to seeing how they're holding up.

~Brian~

No, they're basing it off of an actual book that this dude David Icke wrote believing reptiles run a shadow government that controls the world. There are people that actually believe it's real.