Seventh Wonder - New album update

Seventh Wonder have just released a new video!

The video consists of a visit to Studio Wonderland during which you'll get to see some rehearsals for the 'Mercy Falls' gig (PPUSA 2014), some fan questions answered by the band, AND you can listen to some early demos of new songs as well.

Here it is:

Last edited by a moderator:
That was a cool video. I figured a new release wouldn't be until Spring 14, which it looks like it's headed that way.

Unrelated observation: I've talked to several people worldwide, phone and in person from many countries so I'm good with understanding conversational accents. Andreas has absolutely no Swedish accent at all. None. He sounds like he grew up in Indianapolis, IN. The rest of the band has varying degrees of accent, but he has not a shred.

Related observation: It's good to see a band that obviously likes eachother and has a comraderie between them. That makes recording an album much easier and brings out the most in the band. It will be very interesting indeed to see what vocal melodies Tommy brings to the table after touring with Kamelot and how that might have affected his writing style.

That was a cool video. I figured a new release wouldn't be until Spring 14, which it looks like it's headed that way.

I'd be surprised if it emerges before summer. Which is fine... they should they take the time they need rather than rush it. After all, it's possible their next album may be their introduction to a bunch of Kamelot fans who are checking them out for the first time.

Unrelated observation: I've talked to several people worldwide, phone and in person from many countries so I'm good with understanding conversational accents. Andreas has absolutely no Swedish accent at all. None. He sounds like he grew up in Indianapolis, IN. The rest of the band has varying degrees of accent, but he has not a shred.

I think he has surprisingly little accent for someone who (I'm guessing) grew up in Sweden... however, if he was chatting amongst a group of people who were born and raised in Indianapolis, I'm pretty sure I could pick out his slight accent.

Related observation: It's good to see a band that obviously likes eachother and has a comraderie between them. That makes recording an album much easier and brings out the most in the band. It will be very interesting indeed to see what vocal melodies Tommy brings to the table after touring with Kamelot and how that might have affected his writing style.

Agreed.

I like many can not wait for the new album. These guys are just overflowing with talent. My only reservation is not knowing what the departure of Johnny Sandin will mean to the sound. He was not just a time keeper to say the least. He like all the other musicians added a signature touch in my opinion. Stefan Norgren has big shoes to fill.

Broegaard already made a separate thread, but I'm gonna post it here anyway, for the sake of completeness:
below you can read Andreas Blomqvist's annual Christmas message/year-end recap.

"All,

it is always around this time of year that I try to just briefly summarize this past year and also try to lift the gaze beyond New Year's and look at what's at the horizon for Seventh Wonder.

It has in some ways been a slower year than normally, or at least I fully respect that is the way it probably feels to all of you out there, our most loyal and beloved fans. We have really down prioritized throwing out videos or news updates, and also live performances have been scarce.
Obviously Tommy’s time being spent to a great extent with Kamelot doesn’t accelerate things, but there are also some other reasons that will hopefully make things seem a little brighter….

We usually write about 8-10 tracks for a new album and we have today no less than 9 songs demoed in our studio, albeit not completed definitely the lion’s share has been written. So rest assured we have really not just stopped writing, but we do progress in a little bit different way than before with Tommy being in and out. Also, somewhere maybe about half way through the year we had an epiphany and decided to do something special….
Unfortunately I *Still* can’t tell you exactly what we are up to but I really honestly feel it is something new and cool and something you will appreciate. If you can just bear with us maybe 2 more months then I am sure we’ll have some great news for y’all out there. In addition to this we are already working to prepare ourselves for the "blast from the past" as we unleash the entire Mercy Falls album for a massive live DVD recording later during next year in Atlanta, USA.
I can assure you there will be no lack of Seventh Wonder updates during 2014, which is set to be an astonishing year for the band – so please join us.

Before rounding off, I do want to express my profound gratitude for the fact that you always stick by us, even when we are not delivering. You still get enthusiastic when stuff gets posted and you still show your love and support – outstanding!
It really makes us wanna shift gears and step it up a notch for 2014, believe me – your support matters!

So now, as Christmas Eve is soon upon us, all that is left to do is on behalf of the entire band, wish all of you a blessed and merry Christmas and a fantastic, awesome New Year – and we’ll see You on the other side!

Cheers!

//Andreas B."

Here's a great update from Seventh Wonder!

Drummer Stefan Norgren is getting ready to start the recording of the new album:
"Finally! Preparing the drums for the recording..."

Fantastic news: the recordings have officially begun and, if everything goes according to plan, we'll have some new Seventh Wonder music in the Spring!!

Today, Andreas Blomqvist posted a great update on Facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/seventhwonderofficial ) :
"Hi Everybody!

AndreasB here checking in from the studio. Maybe you saw Stefan setting up the drums a couple of days ago, so I thought I'd drop a little longer report to let you al in on what's going on.

As you know this year will finally see the recording of a Seventh Wonder DVD, something people have been on us about for *years*.
We are thrilled to be able to bring you this, but in order to do it well, it will inevitably push back the album a little bit further. However, we decided we can't let you guys be without new music very much longer so here's the deal;
the studio is now set up for real and we started today to record new music!
The plan is also to very soon, during the spring, record and hopefully release a brand new video and release one or two tracks that we will record right now.

We hope that you will follow the progress here on Facebook as we see new material come to life and watch Stefan Norgren lay down his first proper recording behind the SW kit.

Today we were off to a flying start - but I'll let Stefan share his experience with you from his perspetive...
Thanks for tuning in and sticking by us. I believe the new tracks will be smoking and you can bet we will bring the new songs to the stage as soon as we can!

So - Bring it on!!!"

News from the SW-camp comes quick at the moment!
Here's another update (from Stefan this time - regarding his first SW-drumrecording) :

"Hi folks!

Stefan checking in from the studio, as promised. So, I spent the day in recording mode yesterday. Huge fun! My kit is set up and fine tuned just the way I want it and my drum sound is killer right off the bat!

We went about this a little differently than what I'm used to, as Johan played along live as opposed to the conventional way of having a pre recorded "rough" guitar track. This gives the session a live feel which I really appreciate. I completed one song already and got started on another, which I'll finish tomorrow. Knowing the level of drumming on the previous SW releases, I'm really coming in to this well prepared... and judging by how smoothly things have run so far and how supportive the guys have been, I feel quite confident that I'll deliver!

The plan is also to shoot some footage of upcoming recordings to share with you guys. For the gear nerds (I know I am one :) ) out there I also plan to make a gear walkthrough vid of my Tama/Istanbul Mehmet setup, giving my views on the percussive "landscape" I create music with..

Thanks for all your support over these three years, friends! It has meant the world to me!

Stay tuned!
/Stefan"

Just letting you all know that the pace in the Seventh Wonder camp regarding the recordings has increased :) :

Stefan is well underway with his drum recordings, and Kyrrrrt and Andreas B. have started recording their parts as well (keyboard and bass respectively).

Here's a video from a little part from Stefan:

There's more good news! Today, Andreas B. posted a little message:
"Hey everybody - been spending a good number of hrs in the studio now, first helping Stefan out then finally time to break out the axe for me.
Look out for a studio post with video coming later today or tomorrow!"

----------

Here's the video Andreas just posted (a few hours after the post above):

----------

Today, the 8th of March, he already posted his second video:

----------

...and here's Andreas' third episode (posted on the 12th of March):

"The last little clip of the ones released from the bass sessions in studio Wonderland. Seventh Wonder is recording some new music and here is one last glimpse of some bass being recorded before we unleash the guitars."

from Seventh Wonder's facebook page today:

Hello, everybody!

I have some wonderful news for you all:
the guys sent me some stuff to share with you, and it's with great pleasure and excitement that I can announce that new Seventh Wonder music is coming your way..... really soon !

Below you can read a message for you all (in which you'll get a good idea of things to come), accompanied by a new bandpicture!

//Arjan

Here's the message:
"Seventh Wonder fans, we know you have been running on empty for far too long, so it is with great pleasure we finally can release some news. We have recorded a brand new music video for the recently recorded new song entitled “Inner Enemy”.
The track has been recorded in Studio Wonderland and mixed by Øyvind Voldmo Larsen of Withem. Stay tuned as we will release some behind the scene footage during the upcoming week, and the video itself will be launched shortly thereafter.

It has been four years since the video for 'Alley Cat' was shot so it feels great to finally have a new video and a new song for you people out there. We hope this will satisfy the most immediate needs and keep you alive up to the live recording of Mercy Falls. We also have some more news coming later this fall and obviously exciting plans for the next album.

In the meantime here is a first little “Hello, we are alive and well” from me and the boys and we can’t wait to show you the video and play you some new stuff!

Cheers, Andreas B.”

10464199_10152955262828378_3286182799694540262_n.jpg

Here are a few behind-the-scenes pictures from the video shoot of "Inner Enemy":

IE_1.jpg
IE_2.jpg

IE_5.jpg
IE_6.jpg
IE_4.jpg

Here's some footage from the making of the new Seventh Wonder video "Inner Enemy":

It's my pleasure to inform you all that this Friday, the 27th. of June, the new video for "Inner Enemy" will be released!!

Here's a little preview (3 screen shots from the video) :

SW_Screen_shot_2.jpg

SW_Screen_shot_1.jpg

SW_Screen_shot_3.jpg