Shaaman Disbands

Braxil

Nov 5, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
It's finally official: http://whiplash.net/materias/news_906/044977-shaman.html

Shaaman has disbanded. I'd been hearing rumors of this for a fews weeks from some friends in Brazil but now Confessori has released this message saying that because some musical visions have changed among the members, it's time for the band to end.

I personally don't think this is that bad a thing. Rumor has it that the band minus Confessori are going to be part of some Matos solo band, which should probably be good. At any rate, they had a great album, an awesome dvd, and another (pretty good) album, RIP Shaaman.

I've been telling people in the forum about this a while ago. Someone in the band had told me that some good 4 months ago, and it's finally confirmed. Big shame, I loved the band =(

Don't tell I didn't warn y'all. LOL

And by the way, it's no good posting news in Portuguese here. Only you, me and IceQueen_ would be able to read it. LOL

I don't know (that much) Portuguese, I had someone translate it for me, but it's the only news article out about this so far as far as I know and I don't want people thinking I made it all up, lol.

Hey Braxil/Shar-man..Man this sucks..the first album was awesome! The DVD especialy awesome!..Though if they got the drummer out of the picture it might be even more awesome since he wasn't totally into the whole Angra vision or Shaaman vision anyways. he didn't like classical so I didn't expect to see him around much longer.

Man.. I love the guy.. And all the times I met him he was extremely cool!
But Andre Matos must be hard to work with!
will he ever get past the 3rd CD with any band? LOL
It's his third band already!

That sucks.... "Ritual" was a fantastic disc. The live DVD was one of the few DVD's that you could feel th energy from the band while watching it on TV. The second disc was just OK, I was kind of let down after a great first CD. I will buy anything that has Matos singing on it. Cant wait to see what he does next. This is a bad start to my day already.

It's not like there's a shortage of good Brazilian metal musicians. Andre should just hook up with some really good talent and soldier on under a new name.

adaher said:
It's not like there's a shortage of good Brazilian metal musicians. Andre should just hook up with some really good talent and soldier on under a new name.

Rumor has it that Shaaman minus Confessori plus mystery drummer are gonna be in an Andre Matos band.

Braxil said:
Rumor has it that Shaaman - Confessori + mystery drummer are gonna be in an Andre Matos band.

Confessori is a drummer. Don't you mean Mariutti?

What I heard is that Andre is doing solo career from now on, and without any of his ex bandmates.