Shattered Skies - debut album in January

Random Axe

Common Sense Man!
Sep 27, 2002
Cincinnati, OH
Visit site
Hey, Mardoch, this one is for you...well, and me too.

I've been following these guys for a while waiting for them to get signed. I guess they found a small Euro label. Badass stuff, folks. They are mixing djenty-ness with Circus Maximus like vocals. The entire djent movement may be wearing thin and dying off but this sounds fresh. Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit, I was sold when that first riff started! That's a sick groove.

They didn't always have a vocalist, right? He's pretty enjoyable, if on the border of high and thin (reminds me of like a mellow Sean from TSF).

Will buy without a doubt. Thanks! (I think I said "fuck yeah!" 4 times during this song, lol.)

That is a pretty sick fucking riff! I like this a lot, but then again I've never had a huge problem with djent as a whole. The big problem with djent is that there is good djent and bad djent, like any other kind of metal. I think what people have against djent is that when it's bad, it's REALLY BAD. But there's plenty of room to be creative with it too and do some really cool stuff.

That is a pretty sick fucking riff! I like this a lot, but then again I've never had a huge problem with djent as a whole. The big problem with djent is that there is good djent and bad djent, like any other kind of metal. I think what people have against djent is that when it's bad, it's REALLY BAD. But there's plenty of room to be creative with it too and do some really cool stuff.

not sure how that is different to any other genre to be honest.

You are right that there is a lot of room to be creative with djent, the haters have no idea how genuinely diverse the djent scene is

I've not stopped listening to these guys since Axe called me out. So...it's basically like this for me:

317e0c2f22f2cdb571b2a9da36325a88.jpg

LOVE THIS!!!! Love it so much I want to buy it right now. Thanks for posting this. Amazing, amazing stuff... Still trying to figure out just how many strings are on that guitar!!!

Thanks Jennifer for linking us to this page, thanks so much for the awesome feedback guys, so glad you like the new track, hope you'll dig the album! It is an 8-string indeed :) We had an awesome time playing ProgPower Europe in 2012, hopefully we might get to play the USA one some day!

Cheers,

Ian (Shattered Skies)