So far, I have lost 45.2 lbs on the ProgPower diet!

EDVANTASIA

Mar 24, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
It's a shame, that it takes someone like myself; a damn concert for me to lose weight. I was looking back of pictures of me at ProgPower V,and while I should be enjoying them and the memories. I instead could not believe how big I was. I know, PPV was 2 years ago, but after I found out I was a sponsor, I pulled out the old pics.And ughh!!(I know ughh is not a sentence,I just feel it best describes, how I felt) Then if that wasn't enough, watching the PPV video, there I am. I am the fat guy in gray, taking a picture with Jens Ludwig, during Edguys' autograph section. So now I had I chance to see my tubby ass in motion;even that split second of screen time, had an immediate impact. But, I hopefully can drop another 20lbs, so I will take plenty of pictures, and hopefully, enjoy looking at them.

So Glenn, your concert has impacted my life in a way, that far excedes, just a kick ass show. And we all appreciate that.

P.S. I can finally wear the shirts I bought at PPV!!!

Congrats on living a more healthy lifestyle. Losing weight is not the importance, treating your body correctly is.

EDVANTASIA said:
I was looking back of pictures of me at ProgPower V,and while I should be enjoying them and the memories. I instead could not believe how big I was.
Interestingly, I had the same experience after ProgPower II. When I saw the pictures of myself, I decided I had to lose weight. Started going to martial arts classes five nights a week and permanently changed my eating habits. About two years ago, I made the transition from martial arts to weight lifting. In all, I'm down as much as 51 pounds. I've maintained this weight for several years through healthy eating habits, consistent exercise and narcissism.

Zod

Curufin said:
Maybe after you lose the weight you can lose the excessive use of commas!
You, made, a, comment about, the, use, of commas, in another, thread, are you working, in an, official, capacity for, the, comma, police?

General Zod said:
I've maintained this weight for several years through healthy eating habits, consistent exercise and narcissism.

Lol, classic. Though from trying to lose weight myself, I can say that narcissism, all jokes aside, is probably just as important as the other two things for a lot of people to achieve sustained weight loss...

I'm starting my diet today. Classes at college are over, is time to hit the gym. My goal would be 45 pounds to PP. I probably have to loose around 30 more after the event. A lot of patience and hard work. My pics from last year's PP are really depressing, when I watch myself in them. I have never been this fat before. Let's do it!!!

Congratulations! About a month ago I was given the good news (sarcasm) that my cholesterol is 245. So I've gotta really change some eating habits, get exercise into my life more than ever and on a consistent level.

Progpower is a huge motivation because I want to live long and enjoy these festivals for as long as I can!

Curufin said:
Just callin' 'em as I see 'em. :)
Not for nothing but it was annoying me too. :devil: My editor would shoot you dead, ED.

Congrats to everyone improving their physique and health for ProgPower. Whatever works!

Congratulations!!! The important thing is that I'm sure you FEEL better. Not just better about losing the weight (self-image), but I'm sure you feel better, have more energy, you're healthier, etc, etc.

I've lost about 20 pounds since the last ProgPower, and feel SOOOOO much better! I'm at 220 now, which at 6'4" is probably close to right for me, but I still wouldn't mind losing another 5-10. It's really more of a conscious decision to eat healthier, avoid unhealthy temptations, and get more exercise. Even modest changes can make a big difference.

Just make sure you don't start "relaxing" and go back to doing the things that caused you to gain weight in the first place.

Again, congrats!!

Craig

Trust me, i am far from anorexic... and i only mean the 8 vanity pounds that i have gained that took away my six pack.... :) nothing too drastic....
i just love junk food and beer...so they never go too far.

sccaldwell said:
That's a good thing, 'cause if I remember correctly, you don't need to lose any. Remember, anorexia doesn't look good on anyone. :)

Craig

rottingflesh said:
i just love junk food and beer...so they never go too far.

Same here. My problem is that I still have the mind-set of a teenager with my eating habits and that just simply has to stop. That means no more fast food (or only once in a great while), time for the Ho Hos and other packaged convenience foods to go bye bye (sniffles)...