Sonata Arctica Must Be Summoned

Juggernaut

New Metal Member
Mar 5, 2002
OHIO
Visit site
I hereby command all metalheads to a unification around the table of justice!...There is a finnish band by the title SONATA ARCTICA that are tearing it up, despite being foreshadowed by the imperious reign of Stratovarious and their disciples, as much as i heed their call as well. But the time to strike is now :)mad: ) and we must beckon forth from the depths of this computerized world all fans of these newcomers to summon the power of the mob and overwhelm Glenn with so many requests for their contract to Progpower that no one can handle the opressive burdening and Glenn and his good natured slaves will crumble under the pounding hooves and be forced to let Sonata blaze through the gates of time, onto the stage of fury, in a blaze of glory!!!!!!
Oracle of the Finnish Destiny, Bringer of Justice,
Tony:lol:

Silence is great, but i honestly prefer "Ecliptica", their debut...it is in my opinion just nearly perfect of an album...the songwriting is amazing and Tony Kakko hits higher notes...which isn't a deciding factor in the least...but there are a few times when it's very powerful ..."Full Moon" and "Replica" are two of the most important songs in my brain...if you like Silence at all then pick up Ecliptica...it rules!!!

If Sonata Arctica played ProgPower in the US, I could actually justify the ticket price and the trip to Atlanta (myself being from Philadelphia).

Over the past two years, since I got "Silence", I haven't listened to any one band as much as I have Sonata Arctica. I tracked down a copy of "Ecliptica" (which I found hard to get in the US) and it's great. The new one is incredible too.

That and Dragonforce were two bands I was really hoping for this year. I am going, but I would have had far less trepidiation had either one of them been on the roster. Sonata Arctica aren't the most orginal of bands, but they do it very very well.

Steve

Glenn, if you are reading this post, I want a damn good explanation :) as to why Sonata Arctica has not graced the stage in Atlanta; especially after all the polls they have shown up on. They would appear to be a perfect fit for PP since they 1) play the style of music that ProgPower has become known for 2) they would not demand the money that the bigger bands such as stratovarius would demand, and 3) they put out music that is equal to if not better than strat (who may I add you admit to going after). So it just appears to me if you can get a quality band, with quality music, at an affordable price, why not go after them, especially since we will never see them over here unless at PP. My wife, who is not a fan of any style of metal, was willing to sit through 2 days of music she does not like to see this particular band. So again, keep them in consideration for PP5. If you are not familiar with this band, I will gladly send you all 3 albums so that you will see what keeps getting overlooked ... Sonata Arctica's name on the ProgPower line-up.

Juggernaut said:
I hereby command all metalheads to a unification around the table of justice!...There is a finnish band by the title SONATA ARCTICA that are tearing it up

I absolutely love Sonata Arctica!!! Please, please, can we have them for PP5?
Cindy

Definitely!!! This band needs to play Prog Power and get some well deserved exposure here in the US!!! All we have to do is flood this board with posts about Sonata Arctica; similar to what a few people did for Pagan's Mind!!!
For me personally, SA would be great, but Labyrinth is my choice if I had to choose 1 single band.