Sonatica Arctica live

Oct 4, 2007
I caught Sonata Arctica live last night at the Masquerade in Atlanta, and it was one hell of a fun show. The band is as tight as ever, and the show was pretty much a tour of their entire career, with some emphasis on their first album (as this was the 15th Anniversary of the release of Ecliptica). Although they didn't play eveyrthing I'd hoped they'd play (missing was Victoria's Secret and Last Drop Falls), it was still a fun 90 minutes of classic power/prog metal. If you get the chance, see them live, because they are certainly worth it.

I've repeatedly heard and read that this tour is much, much better than the last US run they did in late 2012. I missed both tours, but I regret missing this one more.

I caught the San Francisco show last month. While I have been a Sonata fan since the beginning (though dwindling over the last few albums), they paled in comparison to both Xandria and Delain. Nothing against SA--they were tight, sound was great, etc.--but both support bands were simply better and more enjoyable to both listen to and watch.

I caught the San Francisco show last month. While I have been a Sonata fan since the beginning (though dwindling over the last few albums), they paled in comparison to both Xandria and Delain. Nothing against SA--they were tight, sound was great, etc.--but both support bands were simply better and more enjoyable to both listen to and watch.
I agree totally. Most of the folks I talked to were there to see Delain and Xandria. Which was awesome. The SA guys were awesome too. Very nice fellows.

I was at the Dallas show and concur. SA is great, love them. But the openers were just a bit better. Great, great night of music, with three great bands on the bill. Thank God Blackguard was nowhere to be seen....

All in all, half a night of ProgPower spent seven weeks touring North America and that does not happen very much. Many thanks to all concerned.

I caught the tour in Orlando and all the bands sounded great. Definitely a great night of music!

I saw them in Seattle and thought they sounded pretty good. I was hoping for more songs off Ecliptica considering it's impending re-release, and we got a few but not my favs. I wish Xandria had a longer set but they sounded great and made the most with the time they had. Delain were excellent, but again, just too short a set. The last two times I have seen then they have completely ignored the April Rain album while playing a few off Lucidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx16FKjnLPA

Yeah. April Rain got short shrifted too. It was, nonetheless, a great show but I hope that will not be their steady trend. At least the title cut should make the set list!