Song Survivor - Metallica - Ride the Lightning round 3

Vote for the 2 weakest tracks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phylactery

Feb 3, 2016
United Kingdom
Ride the Lightning and The Call of Ktulu have both been eliminated! Two of my favourite tracks on the album so I'm not happy to see them go in the second round.

Vote for the two weakest tracks.

This round had the potential to be really difficult for me, but since the two songs I voted for last time are still here it has saved me a headache.

Creeping Death is the easiest pick. The bridge is godly, but the main thrust of the song is merely excellent. Fade to Black is one of metal's finest ballads, but I'd still give the edge to the other two.

Glad to see I tied it btw.

A song with biblical references struggling in metal forum rankings? I'm shocked.

I don't think anyone listens to it and thinks "reeeeeeee fucking Christian propaganda in my metal". I've always assumed it was largely out of tribute to Exodus even though they've never officially acknowledged/stated that afaik.

... yea bro, everything is a tribute to one of the shittiest thrash bands to come out of the bay area. Try getting Gary Holts cock out of your loose ass.

The bridge section was lifted directly from an Exodus song, written by Exodus' founder, and by a band that had previously praised Exodus before Hammett had even joined them, with lyrics about a story from the book of Exodus.

2v2m8a.jpg

Fade to Black is inevitably gonna be underrated by this crowd, cause it's a ballad. It's still one of the best fucking ballads ever.

Reactions: Sophii and CiG
Just to be clear I didn't vote for Fade To Black because it's a ballad, I voted for it because it's crap.