Speaking of upcoming tours:

Metalmilitia2000

UM's Resident Asshole
Apr 22, 2003
Maplewood, Minnesota
www.facebook.com
Ok, I got ribbed in the Diamond Head tour thread for knowing about the tour and not saying anything (to my defense, it wasn't announced yet), but I figured I would share some upcoming tours that have been announced, so if any of you care, here goes.

Children of Bodom with Devin Townsend - Late June - Early to Mid July

The aforementioned Diamond Head/Girlschool/Al Atkins/Hydrogyn tour in Aug

Vreid with Kampfar in Aug (ridiculously looking forward to this, Vreid released my favorite album last year and their album this year will be on my top 10 for sure)

Evergrey with Sabaton (been talked about here already) for Sept.

Kamelot with Alestorm (again, been talked about here already) for Sept.

and finally one that no one has talked about yet, and it's a KILLER package:

Firewind w Arsis/White Wizzard/Havok/Nightrage. This is in Oct. REALLY looking forward to this. And yes, Gus G will be with them.

I don't think the Firewind tour has been officially announced yet? I see there's a date in your neck of the woods at Station 4 though.

I'm pissed the Bodom/DT tour isn't hitting AZ either!

KAMPFAR?!?!?!?!?!

looking forward to Arsis, too. There was a time where I saw them every other month but now I haven't seen em in like 3 years.

Interesting package (the Firewind one). Surprisingly enough, I can think of quite a few bands that would fit that so much better than the bands picked... :lol:

This Vreid tour had better come somewhere to the southeast. They are a band that can do no wrong right now IMO.

Interesting package (the Firewind one). Surprisingly enough, I can think of quite a few bands that would fit that so much better than the bands picked... :lol:

Some of those are decent but yeah, I agree with you. It's as if they picked a bunch of bands out of a hat and said let's have them tour together. I'm still no fan of Firewind's though.

Now the COB/Devin tour I will definitely be going to as well as the Evergrey/Sabaton.

I'm listening to Vreid today, actually! Good news to see that they'll be back to the States. I will cross my fingers that a KC venue nabs that tour. Kampfar is pretty fucking awesome too.

While V is not quite the album Milorg was, it's still pretty goddamn good. In order to match or top Milorg, they would have to do the impossible, in my eyes. That album is completely brilliant.
I've only spun V twice... the first listen had me pretty pumped. However, when I got back to it for a second listen, I felt it was lackluster. That said, I still want to catch them live.