Steve Digiorgio or Alex Webster?

Musician's Musician

New Metal Member
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago, IL
hammeredtemple.8k.com
Hey Steve, man, you are freakin' unbelievable at the bass. I started playin' bass a couple years ago and that was all ready a couple years after I started with guitar and I was trying to find new ways to play my bass that I could be original with. I was on my way to bein' mediocre, but once I heard The Fragile Art of Existence, I was truly thrown aback! Man, if I were to say that there were anyone who could honestly rival you, it'd be Alex Webster of Cannibal Corpse. Steve, in your own personal opinion, who do you think is better, you or Alex?

Music isn't about competition...once you'll truely hear music, you'll understand.

My favorite thing about Steve's playing is his open-ended style. To be able to not only play Vintersorg, Dark Hall, Borknagar, Death, Testament and the like.. but to also really dig each and every band, that's what's cool/unique.

Steve is one the of the most complete, and fully-dimensional musicians out there.

At least that's my take.

J

Hey portugeek, how about you kiss mine then choke on your two cents? Punk little bitch.

You got the "flamer" part of your nick right.

J

Yeah what's the real point of comparing Alex Webster and Steve? The music they play are so different. I wouldn't know which one is better, but Steve says Webster, hehe, so OK I believe him.

Why don't you guys throw in John Myung in the comparision at the same time? Maybe I'm being rude. sorry

:)

yeah alex shreds! ...you can´t say that who´s the best player, but you can say what is your favorite ...my favorites are steve and rex (pantera,down) ...who is your favorite, steve?

Alex truly does shred. Anyone here pay close attention to the intro of Grotesque? Man, he attained perfection on tremelo. Awesome stuff. If I could do that, that'd be cool. But I'd rather be able to solo more like Steve. Steve keep pumping out them awe-inspiring lines and solos!

Why don't you try comparing apples and oranges? It'd be easier than sitting around debating which of two fucking godlike bassists is the better. Although it would be interesting to hear Webster on a fretless...

yeah, i want to hear when webster plays with a freetless.
what is your favorite: apples or oranges? i like oranges and coke :)

Webster is Cannibal Corpse's solid rhythm basis since they have a sloppy drummer, whereas Steve has always been in situations where he could go beyond just being a rhythm guy.

Everyone and his sister knows that Paul Mazurkiewicz is NOT a good drummer !

fuck no, paul mazurkiewitsk (or whatever) is a good drummer, not my favorite, but he rule, you suck, wan´t to fight asshole? dave lombardo is the one who is the best (my opinion)