stop hating symphonic metal, makes me so angry

You guys don't need to be so rude when it comes to symphonic metal, I think its awesome. Just because its more melodic with elements of classical.

For a long time their has been a stereotypical reaction to people who say they like metal, "do you like slayer" well I have the t-shirt, but my point is their are so many genres of metal.

I personally think people are afraid to say they like symphonic, power metal etc because its preserved as not being cool or not very aggressive.

well in regards to the user "gundamterran" who said "Epica's shit anyways, who cares?"

Epica are awesome and hes afraid to like them for being perceived as not death metal enough. well I like death metal too but really love symphonic metal and female metal bands.

Simone Simons is such an awesome singer, her voice is beautiful and know one can take that away..

You, sir, are a gay fag. Also a homosexual queer. Tape the pink triangle back on your sleeve and get in the fucking cattle car.

People are mean, so what. If someone bags metal as a entire genre, stick up for it. If metalheads bag a metal sub-genre, don't listen to them. Simple. Don't let others stop your metal interests. Who cares if someone disagrees with you. Who cares if they post rude comments. You don't know them and they don't know you. :Spin:

Like I said before, I never insulted an entire genre. This artard just misconstrued what I said. Still, fuck Epica.

Pantera sucks too dude.

I think it's time to close this thread. We were unable to bully a newbie and now we just bath in the same old shit again.

You guys don't need to be so rude when it comes to symphonic metal, I think its awesome. Just because its more melodic with elements of classical.

For a long time their has been a stereotypical reaction to people who say they like metal, "do you like slayer" well I have the t-shirt, but my point is their are so many genres of metal.

I personally think people are afraid to say they like symphonic, power metal etc because its preserved as not being cool or not very aggressive.

well in regards to the user "gundamterran" who said "Epica's shit anyways, who cares?"

Epica are awesome and hes afraid to like them for being perceived as not death metal enough. well I like death metal too but really love symphonic metal and female metal bands.

Simone Simons is such an awesome singer, her voice is beautiful and know one can take that away..

I have every right to hate symphonic metal if I want to. You cant tell me not to. Look man, I dont hate symphonic metal per se, but I think it takes good old metal and just stomps on it with weird pseudo gothic "symphony". My favorite metal band is Metallica, followed by Slayer, Anthrax, Judas, and Sabbath (Dio is also sick). Ive tried Symphonic Metal and I didnt like it. Not because its not aggressive, but because it just doesnt sound good. Dont write a whole rant because you dont like someones opinion (which you cant fucking change). You like symphonic metal, awesome. Its your personal taste. I personally find it kind of lame, but someone else could think completely differently and I dont mind that.

i remember the days when people who used to exhume dead threads were usually too old to understand how forums work. these days we’re the old ones and they’re probably too young. :(

Reactions: zerostatic
i remember the days when people who used to exhume dead threads were usually too old to understand how forums work. these days we’re the old ones and they’re probably too young. :(

Idk that it was necessarily the former case before. I recall being 12 years old or whatever and being scolded for necroing threads on Heroes IV forums because I didn't know proper forum etiquette. Not my fucking fault when the board was so stagnant there were "dead" threads on page 1!

Immediately made me think of this (which I once saw being posted on such an occasion somewhere on this forum many years ago):

MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg