STREETS Clarification

SavaVIDude

Savatage Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
Houston, Texas, USA, Earth
The teaser says the "entire" STREETS CD. Will it be the released CD or the entire CD (2 discs) that was never officially released. I have heard the latter and it is spectacular!!!

Chris :headbang:

It was played at their last Progpower set where the fans chose the set list if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, they did perform that song that year... and he did say afterwards that it was a song that he'd probably never play ever again. :lol:

Another reason why XV next year will be one of the most special editions of the festival ever.

As not really a fan of Pain of Salvation from the little bits I've listened to, the fact they're doing a whole album rather than a smattering of songs means I can at least familiarize myself with that album and appreciate their set for what it's worth.

Being a big fan of PoS I don't think there's probably been a better set at PP for me than that one. Right before BE came out (though it came out at the fest that year), and it was probably the best set they've ever done in their career.

I remember them teasing the intro to Rope Ends before the curtain opened, but they didn't do that song in the performance. But now.....they will! Oh and them actually coming out with Undertow was AMAZING

The teaser says the "entire" STREETS CD. Will it be the released CD or the entire CD (2 discs) that was never officially released. I have heard the latter and it is spectacular!!!

I doubt even Jon knows all the songs on the supposed "original" or extended version of the album, which is now missing and probably wiped off the master tapes. Besides it's my understanding many of the extra songs were used on later Savatage albums (at least the melodies). Although I must admit, the acoustic song "Desiree' that appears as a bonus track on several Savatage reissues and Best of, is a fantastic little gem. I wouldn't mind if all, if Jon included it ... even though it will probably never happen.

Although this upcoming release of Streets will include the original narration and one truly unreleased track, Larry Elbows.

SAVATAGE RELEASE “STREETS: A ROCK OPERA. NARRATED VERSION + THE VIDEO COLLECTION (CD+DVD)
http://www.ear-music.net/en/artists...narrated-version-the-video-collection-cd-dvd/

I remember them teasing the intro to Rope Ends before the curtain opened, but they didn't do that song in the performance. But now.....they will! Oh and them actually coming out with Undertow was AMAZING

I remember them playing the song.... Even in the first Progpower DVD there is a snippet of of them playing it in front of the crowd.

Yes, they did perform that song that year... and he did say afterwards that it was a song that he'd probably never play ever again. :lol:

Another reason why XV next year will be one of the most special editions of the festival ever.

I can understand why. That song makes me mist up every damned time.

I can understand why. That song makes me mist up every damned time.

It used to be one of my least favorite Remedy Lane tunes. Integral to the story no doubt, and not bad by any means, but I just didn't connect with it. Now that I have a kid of my own, listening to the song on the drive back from Atlanta I was nearly in tears.

It used to be one of my least favorite Remedy Lane tunes. Integral to the story no doubt, and not bad by any means, but I just didn't connect with it. Now that I have a kid of my own, listening to the song on the drive back from Atlanta I was nearly in tears.

I have no kids and no desire TO have kids and that song rips my heart out.

That song has got to be one of the most powerful songs in all of progressive metal. It's truly an amazing piece of music, but so heavy themed it's hard to listen to sometimes.

I have cried countless times while listening to it. Needless to say, when my wife was pregnant with our child, I had to skip it every single time.

I can't imagine what it must be like to go through something like that song's story. If this song is one of the reality-based songs in the album, then it's more than completely understandable why it's not played live. I don't know if I could.