Swap out one band...

General Zod said:
Actually, kicking me in the nuts for five consecutive minutes would be equal to forcing me to sit through another PoS set. I have't heard that much whining since A&E's last Oprah marathon.

Question for Glenn:

Speaking of PoS, can we sponsor a band not being at PP? How much would it cost to make sure PoS doesn't play PPVII?:loco:

Zod

If you did that I would stab holes in your dick so when you pee it comes out in all different directions

General Zod said:
Actually, kicking me in the nuts for five consecutive minutes would be equal to forcing me to sit through another PoS set. I have't heard that much whining since A&E's last Oprah marathon.

Question for Glenn:

Speaking of PoS, can we sponsor a band not being at PP? How much would it cost to make sure PoS doesn't play PPVII?:loco:

We can test out that kicking-you-in-the-nuts theory in September, you know. :p

Shaye

Creeps said:
Conception (I have no albums, nor have I been able to find one so I don't know if I'll like them or not) for Sinergy

I found "Parallel Minds" which is kicking ass now!! and "In your Mulititude" on amazon. First time hearing them and can't wait to see them!

kittybeast said:
I found "Parallel Minds" which is kicking ass now!! and "In your Mulititude" on amazon. First time hearing them and can't wait to see them!
Those two, along with the first one, can be found, but you might have to pay alittle more than regular price for them. Their last album, Flow, is the one that is really hard to find now.

I would say to anyone that hasn't heard them, if you like Khan's singing with Kamelot, and you like Ark, then you should like Conception. The Conception reunion alone would've been enough for me to make the trip to PP.

Bryant said:
Well Pellaz, I'm not a Strato fan either, but I relaized something...... if you make a truly "greatest hits" they have some really catchy shit the crowd will have fun with. They will end up being a "sing along" type band like Edguy and I will all but guarantee they will be fun to watch.

Oh, no argument here! I'm not a huge Strato fan, but I do like some of their material. I just needed a really big target to pull off the roster to put a big band in, and I'm leaning slightly toward Angra instead of Strato when it comes to the headliners.

dargormudshark said:
If you did that I would stab holes in your dick so when you pee it comes out in all different directions
LOL. Come on, how can someone with a Rage (a very, very manly band) banner be such a huge fan of PoS? PoS is Chick Metal. They are the Meg Ryan of the Metal world. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I came down with a yeast infection the last time they played ProgPower.:loco:

Zod

PoS is Chick Metal. They are the Meg Ryan of the Metal world.

They are quasi-evil. They are semi-evil. They're the margarine of evil. They're the Diet Coke of evil. Just one calorie -- not evil enough!

Harvester said:
Let's keep this on-topic in terms of Zod's directions. YOu can only replace with a band of equal stature and you only get one band. That is what interests me in this thread, a band's perception.

This should not turn into your "wishlist" thread.

Replace Orhpaned Land with EVERGREY :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: !!!!

Bump Angra down a spot and let "the boys" headline the first night.

But if we have to keep the bands at "equal stature" I say let Evergrey close the festival...no matter WHO is supposed to finish up on Saturday.

Greykiller said:
But if we have to keep the bands at "equal stature" I say let Evergrey close the festival...no matter WHO is supposed to finish up on Saturday.
I had a chance to interview Henrik last week. An Evergrey appearance for PPVI was discussed. There's a great deal of mutual admiration there. However (according to Henrik), both parties agreed that the timing just isn't right for a festival appearance. I suspect Evergrey will be on the bill next year, but that's just speculation on my part. Henrik did say they're very hopeful that they'll tour the states in support of the new live DVD/CD, before returning to the studio.

Zod

General Zod said:
LOL. Come on, how can someone with a Rage (a very, very manly band) banner be such a huge fan of PoS? PoS is Chick Metal. They are the Meg Ryan of the Metal world. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I came down with a yeast infection the last time they played ProgPower.:loco:

Zod
thats so lame i laughed. :tickled:

General Zod said:
You are correct Sir. My bad. I thought they played in 2005. And for the record, I'd trade Strat for Primal Fear is a heartbeat. I think they would go over HUUUUUGE at ProgPower.

Zod

I'd love to see Primal Fear, Brainstorm, and Tad Morose play in the same venue! If you don't like those odds, then you don't like metal! IMHO anyway! :D