SX Bonus DVD... what a piece of crap...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Includes 10 lives songs, shot in various locations. The two shot in Japan appear to have been shot from a cell phone. The other videos are all shot from a single, fixed camera, of very poor quality. What's worse is, on a number of the videos, they're shot from the back-left of the stage... meaning, the closest thing in view is Romeo's back. It's absurd. The sound quality, on almost all of the videos, sounds as if they were recorded on cell phones.

As for the "behind the scenes documentary on the making of the album", if someone else find this, let me know. It doesn't show up on my DVD player or my PC. I wouldn't think this would be a regional encoding issue.

I can't believe the label and the band thought it was acceptable to charge the fans for this.

Zod

Wow that sounds bad. Good thing they put out such a kickass album to make up for it. :D

Wow that sounds bad. Good thing they put out such a kickass album to make up for it. :D
No doubt, the disc is amazing. However, the DVD was extra money. It wasn't like they gave this away. And quite honestly, it's not about the money. If you're going to charge your fans money, you should give them quality.

Zod

I'll be ordering the Japanese version with two demos. It was going to be toss-up between the European version with DVD and the Japanese CD. So thanks for the heads up.

1. OCULUS EX INFERNI
2. SET THE WORLD ON FIRE(THE LIE OF LIES)
3. DOMINATION
4. SERPENT'S KISS,THE
5. PARADISE LOST
6. EVE OF SEDUCTION
7. WALLS OF BABYLON,THE
8. SEVEN
9. SACRIFICE,THE
10. REVELATION(DIVUS PENNAE EX TRAGOEDIA)
11. SACRIFICE PRELUDE[DEMO]
12. OPENING ALRERNATE INTRO[DEMO]

Includes 10 lives songs, shot in various locations. The two shot in Japan appear to have been shot from a cell phone. The other videos are all shot from a single, fixed camera, of very poor quality. What's worse is, on a number of the videos, they're shot from the back-left of the stage... meaning, the closest thing in view is Romeo's back. It's absurd. The sound quality, on almost all of the videos, sounds as if they were recorded on cell phones.

As for the "behind the scenes documentary on the making of the album", if someone else find this, let me know. It doesn't show up on my DVD player or my PC. I wouldn't think this would be a regional encoding issue.

I can't believe the label and the band thought it was acceptable to charge the fans for this.

Zod

I don't know which made me laugh harder, Zod's post, or SX perpetuating the joke of an actual SX dvd ever being released.

However, thanks for the heads up about this one. I was curious and considered making the purchase. Now I will just wait for a friend to buy it so I can at least get a few laughs. Recorded on cell phones...oh man thats priceless.

I have their PP IV performance fully edited (3 camera shot) and would have let them stick as much on there as they wanted for free. I think the "Egypt" performance that I put on the website a few years ago is still floating around on Youtube as an example. All they had to was ask....

I have their PP IV performance fully edited (3 camera shot) and would have let them stick as much on there as they wanted for free. I think the "Egypt" performance that I put on the website a few years ago is still floating around on Youtube as an example. All they had to was ask....

That's interesting. I'm interviewing Romeo soon, I'll have to inquire about that.

That's interesting. I'm interviewing Romeo soon, I'll have to inquire about that.

I'm not trying to be insulting at all, but I would not be surprised if Romeo has a short memory regarding this as I never spoke with him directly. If his eyebrows gets raised then please take care of it for me. For the record, I spoke directly to Russell and he spoke to the band and got permission for me to shoot it so his mother could have a copy of the show. I showed the edited version of "Egypt" to Inside Out and received permission to post it online several years ago because it turned out so good.

Their "bootleg" fears of the show should be alleviated now as it has been almost four years and there only two people have copies (other than Russ) and that includes me and Angry Woodchuck Productions (who shot the thing). It is in the vault never to see the light of day without their permission.

Glenn

Damn! Isn't TEoF on that setlist. Very unfortunate if this never sees the light of day.

agreed 100 % i didn't even finish watching the DVD nor can I find the documentary. looks and sounds like crap. I also hate the finger-like flame thingy inside the digipak I've already bent them all out of shape

Patrick