Symphony X 2011 US tour

Burke

Oct 14, 2002
South Florida
Back to South Florida baby!!!

:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:

(from blabbermouth)

SYMPHONY X To Tour North America With NEVERMORE, SOILWORK, POWERGLOVE - Nov. 9, 2010 New Jersey's progressive metal masters SYMPHONY X will embark on a North American headlining tour in April/May 2011. Support on the trek will come from Seattle's NEVERMORE, Sweden's SOILWORK, Boston's POWERGLOVE and Montreal's BLACKGUARD. The trek will launch on April 21 in Philadelphia and wrap on May 22 in West Springfield, Virginia.

The dates are as follows:

Apr. 21 - The Trocadero - Philadelphia, PA
Apr. 22 - Best Buy Theatre - New York, NY
Apr. 23 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
Apr. 25 - Metropolis - Montreal, QC - CANADA
Apr. 26 - Salle Albert Rosseau - Quebec City, QC - CANADA
Apr. 27 - The Opera House - Toronto, ON - CANADA
Apr. 29 - Peabody's - Cleveland, OH
Apr. 30 - Blondie's - Detroit, MI
May 01 - Bottom Lounge - Chicago, IL
May 02 - Station 4 - St. Paul, MN
May 04 - Ogden Theater - Denver, CO
May 06 - Showbox - Seattle, WA
May 07 - Hawthorne Theatre - Portland, OR
May 08 - The Grand Ballroom - San Francisco, CA
May 10 - The Wiltern - Los Angeles, CA
May 11 - Marquee Theatre - Tempe, AZ
May 13 - Trees - Dallas, TX
May 14 - Scout Bar - Houston, TX
May 15 - Backstage Live - San Antonio, TX
May 17 - The Club at Firestone - Orlando, FL
May 18 - Culture Room - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
May 19 - The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
May 20 - Volume 11 - Raleigh, NC
May 21 - Tremont Music Hall - Charlotte, NC
May 22 - Jaxx - W. Springfield, VA

Exclusive pre-sale tickets are available now at EnterTheVault.com. VIP tickets/packages are available for select shows and will include early entry and a meet-and-greet. After December 1, tickets can be purchased via regular ticketing outlets.

SYMPHONY X are currently recording their Nuclear Blast debut and follow-up to 2007's "Paradise Lost", which has sold over 60,000 copies in North America.

Formed in 1994 in New Jersey, SYMPHONY X has seven studio albums and one live album to its credit.

Now this I might consider........

I like both Symphony X and Nevermore, but not enough to see either at their own shows with crap openers (as each of both band's past US tours have been).

I have no clue what the tour's promoter is thinking in having Soilwork added to this. Are they even remotely relevant, and at a mid-carder too?

SX-NM-SW is one of the most exciting tour package combination I have seen in a really long time.

I am beyond excited about this.

Such a strange tour package. You've got three bands who could headline any of the venues listed, and somehow Symphony X is the biggest name? I would have figured Nevermore followed by Soilwork. I'll be at the Jaxx show for sure.

I'm on the same page as Jasonic. I would be reluctant to go see Symphony X by themselves or Nevermore by themselves these days, but pair them up, I'm there. Having Powerglove and Blackguard on early will at least make them easy to ignore as I can time my arrival to be later. Soilwork can go take a hike, but whatever.

RE the billing, I think this is appropriate. Symphony X has been on a major upswing ever since V. They have been headlining this MA venue, the larger stage, since at least 2007 (maybe earlier than that). Soilwork did play the same place but in the smaller upstairs room. For Nevermore, this is probably a fun chance for them to do a strong tour where they don't shoulder the whole responsibility of drawing. It's a very sure bet for both bands (well, all three of the big names) that they will be playing to well-packed houses and also a safe bet for promotors in each location.

I'm willing to bet Into Eternity asked to be on this tour, but couldn't get the logistics worked out. :p

Looking forward to this. I'll definitely skip Blackguard.. and if I see Powerglove I do. Really don't care much. But Soilwork would be fun.. and definitely a fan of Nevermore and SyX

I'm so there.. they saved the best date for last! :headbang: :kickass:

Just saw Powerglove last Friday at the Jaxx show...I'll be at the bar when they're on stage... :yuk: :puke:

(Kinda sucks it's on a Sunday night though....)

Sunday night?? Horrible.. but I might jump on board!

And I was totally having a blast when Powerglove played last Friday. ;D HATERS IN THE BACK! I jammed to Pokemon!

I sure hope that Symphony X goes back to the brilliance of V and CD's prior to that...The modern agressive flavor of their last 2 CDs just hasn't done it for me...I just know that Symphony X is soooo much more capable of greater music than what they've produced as of late.

Apr. 25 - Metropolis - Montreal, QC - CANADA

I shall be back home and be at that show for sure!!!!

It would be great to meet up with some people from this board and maybe even meet some of the people face to face who have purchased some cds from me, that would rule!

You've got three bands who could headline any of the venues listed, and somehow Symphony X is the biggest name?
Neither Nevermore nor Soilwork could headline these bigger venues... and sell them out. The NYC venue holds over 2,000. When Nevermore played NYC, they played to a crowd maybe a 3rd that size. Symphony X can headline that venue, only because this is essentially their home town. However, they likely couldn't fill venues that size anywhere else. I think this may carry a bit higher ticket price and the bands will get to play for packed houses at nearly every stop on the tour.

I'll be at the Phoenix show on 5/11. Glad to see it's at the Marquee Theater too. Not sure why there's all the Soilwork haters. Yes they are still relevant and they could easily have swapped slots with Nevermore. Based on sales of both bands last two albums I'm surprised that Soilwork isn't on after Nevermore. I love Symphony X, Nevermore, and Soilwork so I for one am looking forward to seeing all three. Hopefully they all get decent length sets.

I wouldn't argue with Soilwork's status in metal, I just think their music sucks, blows, etc.

Fair enough. I can appreciate people's varied tastes. It bugs me though when people question their influence and relevance (I know you didn't). Back on topic, this is going to be a great tour. One of the best packages in recent memory.