• Yes

Votes: 49 72.1%
  • No

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Not familiar enough with them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would like to see them, but don;t see this happening.

Without going back thru my tiny little mind or this forum, am I correct when I say Sonata Artica is the "main" headliner?

If so, SymphX would not fit this formula...which makes me want to cry but oh well.

Sure, they are yet another repeat, but so what? I've never seen them live and even if I had I'd bet I'd want to see them again. I saw Sonata last year and I'm certainly not disappointed that they are playing PP this year.

I vote yes.

Without going back thru my tiny little mind or this forum, am I correct when I say Sonata Artica is the "main" headliner?

If so, SymphX would not fit this formula...which makes me want to cry but oh well.

True. But, I think at this point Sonata has tons of momentum going for them, while SX has achieved negative momentum. Therefore, though I certainly view them as a completely legitimate and powerful headliner choice, maybe they could still fit the bill as a "co-headliner" with Primal Fear.

I would vote yes, but I'm very sure they're not playing PP this year since Sonata is the main headliner, which is too bad.

I thought this was a poll that was asking if you wanted Sym. X for Headliner (which evryone does :kickass: ). Not if you thought it could happen. So go back in time and change your vote.

I voted no because I don't care for them and if we are going to have a repeat for a headliner on Sat there's at least 10 other bands I would rather see get that.

I love SYMPHONY X, too, but they've played PP at least twice. Also, I believe a North American is in the works for 2007. Besides, we have three repeats already. Let's get someone new...like NOCTURNAL RITES.

I'm with Emerald, though I love SyX, since there is only one slot left my vote is for Nocturnal Rites... but I don't see them going on after Primal Fear. I'll vote yes only because i'd still love to see them.

I will most likely be there if Symphony X is not the headliner. But if they are I will DEFINITELY be there. We will work our own touring dates around it to see them!

True. But, I think at this point Sonata has tons of momentum going for them, while SX has achieved negative momentum. Therefore, though I certainly view them as a completely legitimate and powerful headliner choice, maybe they could still fit the bill as a "co-headliner" with Primal Fear.

Negative momentum? Did you not see them steal the fucking show at Gigantour 05? If anything the delay in getting a new album out has slowed down the tremendous momentum that Gigantour built for them, but I think its pretty fair to say that SymX hold much more clout in the US than Sonata do at this point. That being said, I highly doubt slot 5 on Saturday will be Symphony X, although if it were I'd book my hotel room tonight.

Negative momentum? Did you not see them steal the fucking show at Gigantour 05? If anything the delay in getting a new album out has slowed down the tremendous momentum that Gigantour built for them, but I think its pretty fair to say that SymX hold much more clout in the US than Sonata do at this point. That being said, I highly doubt slot 5 on Saturday will be Symphony X, although if it were I'd book my hotel room tonight.

I don't know dude... To me SymX didn't steal the show at Gigantour, although they did pretty good on it... I guess it really depends on which show you saw, and which show I saw...

Sonata on the other hand has done a few successful tours in the US, including a headlining one last year which sold out a few spots and drew a lot of people to their shows. Until Symphony X plays a full US Tour like Sonata did, and sells out or packs houses more so than Sonata did, I have to believe SA is still a bigger draw. For instance, as much as the rest of the world disagrees with this (and I would be the first one to say "WHAT? NEVER!"), I would love to see a band like Angra touring with SA in the USA, as a direct support. As much as Angra is much bigger in Europe, South America and Asia, SA is still a bigger draw than them in the US. And it has nothing to do with the quality of the music.