TAMMY Z NEEDS A RIDE: WHO'S GOT ONE?

Wow... that is very cool. How long is the flight? And how long has he been flying?

Zod

I think he said it's about 5 hours if we don't stop, but we'll stop half way. He got his pilot's license when he was pretty young, but he's spent the last year and a half or so working on building up his ratings and hours so he can fly full time. WaHoo! Now, he's just building multi-engine hours, and so this flight will be part of that time building :) It is SO fun flying with him!

Okay I'm home for the evening, and WOW you guys are amazing! This is why we're a family! Thank you for all the love!

Jeff (manowarfan1) did indeed offer his frequent flier miles but we have not made any plans yet. Frontier does fly out of Dallas, to Denver, then to ATL. That's not a bad trip, considering Obritz wants to take me to Chicago or Charlotte first for about $50 more :guh: If I have to, I will. It's just sitting on a plane, not driving or long hours in a bus. Jeff if we can make this work, I will be forever indebted as your ProgPower lackey :lol:

My PayPay account has never verified my checking account so it doesn't accept incoming transactions. But I have two banks, and two checking accounts, so maybe I can set up a new account. Hmm..

I'll look into ChipIn.com.. never heard of it, I wonder how it works.

AirTran.com has some good deals.

Renting a car wouldn't be a bad idea. I've driven that stretch before. Many of you may recall that during last year's PP I was in the midst of moving from Michigan to Texas, with a side trip to ATL. The drive between ATL and Dallas is unpleasant at best, but do-able. The other problem, I don't have a credit card.

Thank you Kittybeast - that's sweet of you!

Shaq - Aye, me matey!

Thanks anyway Yardley - you're a sweetie!

DarkOne, I just now got it :Smug: :lol:

Okay everyone, thank you a million for all the awesome ideas and offers! Right now I'm still in the same boat as this morning, but I'll let you know when things change.

Love you all!

Tried the phone but it must not be charged up yet. Anyway - in case you didn't get the PM yet - the ticket is reserved for now until 4pm tomorrow. I'm a bit concerned about the time of the return flight on Sunday - hell - everyone will still be drinking at 6something in the morning and they expect you to be on a plane at that time? :zombie: So that part sux - depending on you arrangements & work schedule - I can see what they have flying out of ATL on Monday - could prolly get a better flight if you have a place to stay Sunday night.

Anyway - if nothing better comes up - let me know and I'll get your real info to get the tickets booked and emailed off to ya. See, one way or another you'll make it down there - then nobody has to see J-Dubya angry. :)

jeff

Tried the phone but it must not be charged up yet. Anyway - in case you didn't get the PM yet - the ticket is reserved for now until 4pm tomorrow. I'm a bit concerned about the time of the return flight on Sunday - hell - everyone will still be drinking at 6something in the morning and they expect you to be on a plane at that time? :zombie: So that part sux - depending on you arrangements & work schedule - I can see what they have flying out of ATL on Monday - could prolly get a better flight if you have a place to stay Sunday night.

Anyway - if nothing better comes up - let me know and I'll get your real info to get the tickets booked and emailed off to ya. See, one way or another you'll make it down there - then nobody has to see J-Dubya angry. :)

jeff

Oh my bad, the phone is all charged up now :) I just got home and hadn't done it quite yet. I just checked my PM box again, but I didn't get the reply so I'm glad you posted here!

Flying out at 6am on Sunday morning will be difficult to accomplish. No one will be alive before 6am muchless heading to the airport, and I'm not sure riding the MARTA at 4am by myself is the safest option. :ill:

I'll take what is offered and make it work, but a different schedule would be highly preferable. Yeah, I can leave on Monday, that's not a problem. I might have a place to stay Sunday night, but worse case scenario I can camp out in the airport for some hours. It's a big place, I can keep occupied. I don't need to be back in DAL by any specific day/time.

No one wants to see J-Dubya angry! :lol:

How long is the flight?

Actually, I just checked it out and it's about 4 hours at economy cruise (at $6.01/gal in ATL, we can't afford the fuel to fly it flat out). Not sure if we can do it without stopping for fuel or not though. Full speed would be just over 3 hours though.

Tammy, we *may* be able to swing by TX on the way home on Sunday. MAYBE. Where do you live in TX? I'll have to figure out how long it would take, and I'll have to talk to my flying partner. I also have to figure weight. There will be four of us already + bags. Five people might not be possible. Keep working on other options. I'll see what's possible.

Actually, I just checked it out and it's about 4 hours at economy cruise (at $6.01/gal in ATL, we can't afford the fuel to fly it flat out). Not sure if we can do it without stopping for fuel or not though.

Tammy, we *may* be able to swing by TX on the way home on Sunday. MAYBE. Where do you live in TX? I'll have to figure out how long it would take, and I'll have to talk to my flying partner. I also have to figure weight. There will be four of us already + bags. Five people might not be possible. Keep working on other options. I'll see what's possible.

Hey Mike! I live in Garland, TX.. just north/east of Dallas. I really have no idea where non-commercial planes can land in Dallas.

Hey Mike! I live in Garland, TX.. just north/east of Dallas. I really have no idea where non-commercial planes can land in Dallas.

Hmmm. Looks like there are several alternatives. It's about 4.5 hours from Atlanta to Addison Airport. Then about 5 home from there. I didn't know it was that far. It probably won't work as the one guy who will be with us (and Yardleybates) will need to be at work on Monday. :( Sorry.

If things change, I'll let you know.

Hmmm. Looks like there are several alternatives. It's about 4.5 hours from Atlanta to Addison Airport. Then about 5 home from there. I didn't know it was that far. It probably won't work as the one guy who will be with us (and Yardleybates) will need to be at work on Monday. :( Sorry.

If things change, I'll let you know.

Thanks anyway, Mike! That does seem like quite a haul and inconvenience, but yes if something changes, lemme know :) I should be all set though, thanks to Jeff (manowarfan1) :headbang: Still, I'll be sure to give you an update!

Thanks anyway, Mike! That does seem like quite a haul and inconvenience, but yes if something changes, lemme know :) I should be all set though, thanks to Jeff (manowarfan1) :headbang: Still, I'll be sure to give you an update!

The distance and time normally wouldn't be a problem. We are "building time" after all. Going long distances slowly is the goal. :) I'll be talking to the other pilot tomorrow, so I'll know then.

I think I've been mad at prog power twice. Once by ALMOST getting screwed out of my room at the Granada for PP II, and once at a kid who hit me in the face with an errant elbow. Awesome to see everyone making an effort to help out! :headbang:

Oh my bad, the phone is all charged up now :) I just got home and hadn't done it quite yet. I just checked my PM box again, but I didn't get the reply so I'm glad you posted here!

I'll take what is offered and make it work, but a different schedule would be highly preferable. Yeah, I can leave on Monday, that's not a problem.

OK - let me see what flights they have open for monday. I figure getting in at 630 or so pm on Wed sux, but it should still get you to the hotel/venue in plenty of time for Jon Oliva but I don't think any airline wants to see me at 6am on Sunday, I know I wouldn't want to see them either :) I have your phone # on my cell now so I may have to track you down after I get to the office and let you know what the other options are and get your info for ticketing.
Countdown is now under 2 weeks :)

Jeff

Hey Tammy -
I'll post on the board just in case you don't see/notice that you have a PM. Just talked to Frontier - they have no availability on Monday for FF miles (dunno why that should matter - bastages - I'm getting the ticket because of past business I've done with them, grrr).

If you could stay until Tues you'd have your choice of the 620am (yeah right), 310 or 415 flights from ATL to DEN - then on to DFW arriving at 955pm (which kinda sucks too but less sucky than 620 am).

They extended the hold on the ticket until right before midnight - to allow more time for scrambling for other options. One thought is to get the Frontier r/t ticket and just not use the 620 am flight if you can find a cheap one way on some other airline from ATL to Dallas (this sucks because then it's money out of your pocket, but sleep is not to be undervalued either). We can always get a few metal heads to ride along with you on the MARTA to the airport - I'm fairly certain that nobody will mess with us after 4 days of P fun. We'll look like something out of The Warriors lol.
I did check with the ex-wife about our United miles that we accumulated - but she's got them tied up at the moment flying her Mom over here so Frontier is all I got to offer, sorry.
Maybe someone is driving BACK to Texas - would allow you to skip the party-interrupting 620am flight back?

Let me know and I'll get it booked if this is your best option,
Jeff

If you could stay until Tues you'd have your choice of the 620am (yeah right), 310 or 415 flights from ATL to DEN - then on to DFW arriving at 955pm (which kinda sucks too but less sucky than 620 am).
Hmm... don't know if I can do Tuesday actually. That means I'd *have* to get a hotel room for another night.

They extended the hold on the ticket until right before midnight - to allow more time for scrambling for other options. One thought is to get the Frontier r/t ticket and just not use the 620 am flight if you can find a cheap one way on some other airline from ATL to Dallas (this sucks because then it's money out of your pocket, but sleep is not to be undervalued either). We can always get a few metal heads to ride along with you on the MARTA to the airport - I'm fairly certain that nobody will mess with us after 4 days of P fun. We'll look like something out of The Warriors lol.
I did check with the ex-wife about our United miles that we accumulated - but she's got them tied up at the moment flying her Mom over here so Frontier is all I got to offer, sorry.
Maybe someone is driving BACK to Texas - would allow you to skip the party-interrupting 620am flight back?

Let me know and I'll get it booked if this is your best option,
Jeff

Not a bad idea about buying a one-way back. I have another option, lemme check it out real quick. I might be able to get some awesome flight times and a good deal! It'll cost me in the long-run, but safety is pretty important, and so is sleep like you said. I'll call you back in a few and let you know the scoop!

HOORAY! Problem solved!

Thanks to the totally awesome Outworld keyboard-extraordinaire Bobby Williamson! Buy Bobby lots of drinks at ProgPower! :cool:

Thank you to Jeff (manowarfan1) for offering up his frequent flier miles to help out! Buy Jeff lots of drinks too! :p

I'll be arriving in ATL at 1:16 PM on AirTran Airways on Wednesday and leaving on Sunday at 05:07 PM! Rawk! For the record, AirTran is great! You get to choose your departures from a variety of options. It's like choosing from an A La Carte menu! :lol:

Thank you for all the love and support! You guys are totally great and are the reason I love ProgPower so much! Seriously, ya'll are great! :worship:

SEE YA'LL THERE!! :kickass: