TARJA: From Spirits And Ghosts (Score For A Dark Christmas)

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
TARJA TO RELEASE WINTER ALBUM, FROM SPIRITS AND GHOSTS (SCORE FOR A DARK CHRISTMAS); TEASER VIDEO STREAMING

"...This holiday season, you can expect the unexpected. Tarja is bringing the festive season early with the release of her brand new Christmas album, From Spirits And Ghosts (Score For A Dark Christmas), on November 17th. The album includes 11 Christmas classics and brings them to a never-before-seen level, uniquely blending Tarja's classically-trained voice with darker gothic influences...."

tarcdsep.jpg

This is a fantastic disc from Tarja -- her voice is perfectly suited for Christmas music, and she shows her strength here. A very emotional, atmospheric Christmas disc from her. Amazing Grace absolutely blew me away, and the rest is her take on X-mas music. Don't hesitate if you like Tarja or X-mas music in general .... superbly done.

Reactions: The Fiddler
I just went over the discussion here when Nightwish booted Tarja out of the band. It makes me wonder if she has changed her attitude since then about playing small venues in the U.S. and Australia. It also makes me wonder how difficult Marcelo (her husband and manager) was for Glenn to deal with in getting her to play this year's ProgPower.

I'm hoping she plays one or two from her days in Nightwish. Specifically, I'd love to hear "Deep Silent Complete". No one else could ever sing that one like Tarja.