Tarja out of Nightwish?

AngraRULES said:
Just let Marko be the singer. I'm sure he can hit the high, operatic vocals or Tarja... LOL

I know that your joking, but Marco is a great fuckin' metal singer! He could carry the lead vox for a few shows, to keep their hardcore fans happy, until they find a replacement for Tarja! But to hit those high notes, Emppu would have to headbutt him in the nuts! :devil:

AngraRULES said:
Glenn,

How about a NIGHTWISH reunion now? LOL

This is terrible news for me, but I found this comment very funny! On the brighter side, Tarja was just the voice and face of the band. Tuomas has always been the soul of the band, and this probably just gives him more material to write about heheh.

You just KNOW he's gonna write a song about her in the next album.

Or Marcelo, for that case... it'd be a really aggressive song...

AngraRULES said:
If that's what it takes, let Emppu do the dirty job.... LOL :p

LMAO! You know I was suprised that noone caught that I was also making a joke about Emppu being so short that he couldn't kick him in the nuts. That he'd have to headbutt him to reach! But seriously, Emppu is a kick ass guitarist in my book. I respect him as a musician. But when I saw them at PPIV, they kicked our asses, but I couldn't help but to think of him as a guitar gnome! LOL

So now they're free to give Monika Edvardsen a good paying job and go Avant-Garde, right?

tulleemne.jpg

Rødingen says yes!!! :D

Dear Tuomas;

Yesterday was probably the darkest day of your life. You and Tarja have known each other since you were in primary school. Though you were not buddy-buddy in those days, you described her as a "sweet country girl." As it was when Sami left, you had to wrack your brain for many a night to see if it was the right thing to do. You mention on "End of Innocence" that you felt guilty about Sami. I know you probably feel worse about Tarja. Please take refuge in the fact that Tarja will go on to do what she loves, and you will go on to create the magic in your words and music. You needed to do what you had to for the sake of Nightwish and not for any personal animosities, and it shows in the way you wrote your letter. The way you wrote your letter was a very classy act on your part. You allowed people to see inside of you outside your music. And, you are indeed to be commended. However, This is not "The end of an era" as you mention. It is the Dawn for the rest of Nightwish.

You now have a golden opportunity to finally enter the pantheon of the great musical storytellers of all times. You have a chance to join the gods like Croce, Chapin, Burton and Bryan Adams. Your storytelloing in music is the stuff of magic. Magic that has little kids and old women listening to your words. You now have the opportunity to select someone who can project the magic of your words into the stratosphere. I know of just that person who can project it. Someone who is not full of herself, someone who has seen pressure first hand, someone who is your age, and someone who can finally give you the exposure in the area where it counts: North America. And, you can do it without sacrificing your sound.

That person is Canadian rocker, Tara Slone. She was the former frontwoman for Joydrop, and a competitor in the series "Rock Star: INXS".

Now, I know that you have an affinity for keeping Nightwish "in the family" by selecting someone from the Sibelius Academy. This is very understandable, considering you would want to share the same language and culture as your frontwoman. However, I urge you to resist that temptation. I say this not because I do not believe anyone from Sibelius is incapable of fronting Nightwish. There would probably be many people out of Sibelius who could easily fill Tarja's shoes. However, that person would be under a massive microscope from your countrymen, as well as the Finnish media. If she breathes wrong, they will pounce and claim "She is not Tarja." Do you really want to subject a Sibelius grad to that?

This is where Slone comes in. Since she is an unknown in Finland, little will be expected of her. However, she will be able to handle the pressure far better than anyone from Sibelius. She has performed before 10-15 million people worldwide each week on the series "Rock Star: INXS". So, the Finnish and European press corps will be a pushover for her. That alone would be good for band harmony, as she could handle the questions
fired at her. Her singing? Tara, like Tarja, is a classically trained soprano. Her voice is somewhat deeper than Tarja's, but her range is very similar. SO, she can sing your visions. Furthermore, she will bring her following towards Nightwish without Nightwish sacrificing any of its style. She will be the key that opens the door fully to North America.

Tuomas, I know that you might want to tell me to go to blazes. It is understandable, for I know that this is a very emotional time for you. However, adversity is the mother of opportunity. You now have the opportunity to further project your inspiration and magic over the rest of the world. The opportunity is there for Nightwish to join legends such as the Beatles and Iron Maiden and the Rolling Stones as one of the greatest acts of all time. I know that this may sound outlandish and far fetched, but it does not have to be.

So, while you are in your room tonight, looking at your posters of "Fantasia" and other Disney memorabilia, please take a moment to think about the trials and tribulations of the great American animator, Walt Disney. Think about the things he had to do to create his vision, the very visions that you enjoy so much. Once you have done that, then go to the phone, and do what you have to do to project your vision.

Call Canada,and get a hold of Tara Slone.

You will be glad you did.

Stay Heavy, and Keep it Real.

Yours in Nightwish and Peace
Ray C.
New York, USA

Emerald Sword said:
If Tarja's heart isn't in it, then get the fuck out! It's not fair to take the guys down with her. I'm glad they're carrying on! Now, maybe we'll get that U.S. tour!

Yeah! We will get that US tour after they break in a new singer! If they get a new singer before PPVII and tour, maybe Glenn could get them back. It shouldn't be too hard then because Tarja won't be there to gouge Glenn for too much money!

They should get Miss K.

Really though, it's horrible to me. I knew Tarja has a bit of a rockstar attitude, but I was trying to ignore it and put myself at ease. I trust the guys to get a suitable vocalist, and can't wait to hear what they do on the next album.

Unca Kev said:
Well until they find a replacement it would be nice if, after Epica is done touring, Simone Simmons could record and tour with them! I know that is probably unrealistic, but she is a more than qualified to fill those shoes!

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's exactly what I was talking about. Epica is great! I would hate to see Simone join Nightwish - even for just a tour. The ride of Epica breaking up would be too high.

Hell, get that chick who did the Queensryche kareoke at the pre-pre-party, or Colleen (13ShadesofGray) to fill in. ;) (LOL! I was writing this while you were posting Colleen. Really.)

dargormudshark said:
Well I can imagine that all the singers of the female fronted bands on the Evil Darkness tour and all the others as well are sending there demos again. My 2 cents goes to Simone

I would personally go with Liv Kristine, but I'm doubting that anything along those lines is likely to happen.

rockyracoon said:
Good riddance. Clearly a case of lead-singer-syndrome. The only cure: Failed solo career.

B-I-N-G-O.

I was thinking the same thing myself. Then I remembered what a guitar instructor told me years ago, "Solos don't sell records, SONGS sell records."

The same may prove for her voice. At least Nightwish still have their unique vision and SONGS. They will have no shortage of talented, HUMBLE singers dying to take her place. I just hope they don't get in a rut trying to find a perfect soundalike singer. This is an opportunity to grow into something even better.