Testament - The Gathering

Gathering fucking rules. I think its one of Testaments finest recordings. The production is amazing and its heavy as fuck. I really wish they'd play a few songs off this record live with a little twist from Alex

There's a big difference between Low, Demonic and the Gathering in terms of the sound they pursue. I don't think you'll find many people who aren't diehard Testament fans in general who like all three. Demonic is a particularly heavy album, sounds very Death-ish.

Their earlier stuff is more cohesive in terms of their musical direction, at least in my opinion. Although my favorites are those last three, especially Low and Demonic...

I'm just now taking a good listen to The Gathering, and I'm now seeing what everyone else is talking about. Unlike Demonic it goes back a little bit to the classic Testament sound, but retains the heaviness that Low and Demonic brought.

Demonic was just your straight up Death-Metal sound, Low was your heavier James Murphy-influenced Testament, while The Gathering is a mixture of both, but more like Low than Demonic.

Demonic was definately not straight up Death Metal, it still had a thrash edge to it, but the vocals were DM and so were some of the riffs. But the overall songs were not.

I actually just bought The Gathering off of Ebay yesterday. It's supposed to be signed by Eric and Chuck. I really bought it more for the record and because it was only $7 so I guess the signings are just an extra bonus.

What did you guys like better by the way...Killbox13 or Relixiv...I liked Relixiv, just because it was a little heavier, but yeah man

CHEERS

During the Montreal concert, well at the end of it, Chuck Billy said the band was working on a new album...no details though....will be good to hear new stuff from the band...sick and tired of the 3 best of releases and the remix album...wtf? the band should have released a new album other than rerecording the old tunes...what a waste...

Sole Reaper said:
Same here dude, Low rules. To me, Demonic is their weakest effort, The Gathering easily blows it away.

Demonic was more on the Death Metal side. if you were listening to there stuff b4 Demonic & picked it up, you wouldnt think it was C.Billy on vocals because it was more of a growl.

Honestly ive never heard a "BAD" testament album.

Are there some things on certain albums i dont like ... of course. The lack of solos on The Gathering being one of them.

I truely miss the old days where solos were blazing everywhere.

Hopefully with Alex back the new material will have the same old flair !!!!

Demonic is a great album, some songs have awesome melodic moments. I thought they had alot of problems distributing Demonic, from what i read. The Gathering is beyond perfection in my ears. It may not be filled with solos, but the ones that it has are frickin sick!

hey men for your information, FIRST STRIKE STILL DEADLY is a greates hits album JERK...

Fuck off big assdickhole,
I've got all testament albums (and dvds), wouldn't I know it was the old classic Testament songs rerecorded??!
Shut the fuck and respect my opinion as a thrash metal fan! :headbang: