Thank you & Goodnight...

I'll throw in my heartfelt "Thank you" here along with everyone else. This was probably my favorite festival so far, both from a lineup, fun, hanging out with members from favorite bands, quality of performances, and every other perspective, so thanks to everyone involved in making it happen.

I hope you remember that despite the occasional bitching, we all DO greatly appreciate what you do, the time and effort you put in to make this festival the best place for metal fans.

A few comments:

- PPUSA simply gets better every year, as far as professionalism, fun, and being the best-run festival in the business. I never love every band (it's often less than half, honestly...not a "power metal" guy), but huge kudos to Glenn, the crew, *and* my fellow attendees for making it so much fun.

- Put me in for a vote for bringing Mindcrime back for next year's showcase...totally agreed. Chris absolutely blew me away, and the rest of Mindcrime was spot-on as well. I thought I saw Queensryche in DC a couple of months ago, but from a performance/quality perspective, Queensryche was in Atlanta last Wednesday. Killer show, guys.

- Thanks to the Artmore for being great this year. GREAT move in booking the whole hotel for ProgPower fans next year. Since the courtyard has apparently become the place to party, I have a recommendation for anyone who does NOT want to be part of the post-show parties....put in a request with them that you be in and "outside" room (ie. on the opposite side from the courtyard). I'm sure you'll sleep much better there. And Glenn, you might want to put the band's rooms there, too, so those who haven't played yet can get some rest. :p

- I'm one of those not thrilled with next year's lineup. That's life. I've been coming since ProgPower I in Chicago, and over the past few years it's become more and more Power Metal-focused, most of which does nothing for me. Seventh Wonder and Kamelot are great, but most of the rest are power, IMHO (though there are a couple with which I'm unfamiliar...but they mostly seem power-ish from the clips played on the vid).

HOWEVER, I understand that you have to do what you have to do to draw people in, and if Power draws more people, that's a business decision you have to make. I get that. If I choose not to go as a result, that's up to me. I think part of it is that this year probably had the most prog-metal bands the festival has had in 5 years or so (from memory), so maybe my expectations were too high (in the prog department) on next year following suit. Regardless, THANK YOU for keeping it going....and yeah, I'll likely be there next year even if I'm *not* thrilled about most of the bands.

-So Jim M did try to get Arch to come down? Sweet....please pass on much thanks for him making the effort. I'm actually not a huge fan of the early FW, but it still would have been wicked cool to see Arch make an appearance.

-I agree on Crimson Glory's set...although there were a few technical difficulties, given the complexity with all the different singers, etc, I thought it went off AMAZINGLY well and smoothly. Kudos to the guest singers, Crimson Glory, and the crew for making it happen...I'm sure it wasn't easy.

-I'm putting in my vote that Circus Maximus' next CD be a *DOUBLE* CD, with the second CD being all cover songs, including everything they played on Wednesday night (esp. Hold The Line and Screaming In Digital). Whether they're studio version or live, I don't care...it'd be well worth the few extra bucks it would add to the sales price of the CD. Pass along that idea, if you would. :)

-Smoking: Thank you. I'm all for a complete ban next year (inside the venue), but what we had this year was excellent. I'm sure it helped the singer's voices, too.

-Merch suggestions for next year: PPUSA shot glass and polo shirt (NOT black, please!!) with the logo embroidered. Possibly a hat, too (same logo as the polo shirt). Do all of them WITHOUT any sort of "ProgPower XI" year designation, then you can continue to sell any leftovers in subsequent years.

-Thanks to Shane for bringing Enchant as a replacement for Vanden Plas. I think they got a great reception, really enjoyed playing, and made some new fans. Here's hoping to see them back on the main stage soon! They may not be "standard ProgPower fare," but then again, DSO, Orphaned Land, and Freak Kitchen were all outside the "ProgPower norm" in different ways, and to me, that's a good thing.
:headbang:
Again, thanks!

Craig

Thanks to you Glenn. You made your dream come true, and thus have made countless dreams come true for US metal fans. I've had many come true at ProgPower over the years, and this year was a BIG one, maybe the biggest for me: seeing Fates Warning pull off an AMAZING set. The sad and sick band I saw only once before in 2000 in a tiny bar in Texas opening for Savatage was transformed into a group of virtuosos with incredible emotional power. (The sound was SO F'ING PERFECT TOO!!!) Crimson Glory was a dream very nearly come true...as near as it can be since what happened this summer. You, Glenn Harveston, are amazing. And so is your crew! Kudos to you all.

Glenn, thanks as always for a great festival! Thanks also go to the crew, venue people, my fellow sponsors, and everyone who attends: with just a few exceptions, the ProgPower audience is an amazingly friendly and mature bunch of people.

Take a rest; you deserve it. :worship:

As for the "contest winnings," I think one of those VIP badges has a certain Finn's name alll over it...if he can come next year. :heh:

I just wanted to say thanks to Glenn and the crew for an awesome ProgPower... and my 1st! I had such a great time and all the bands were great (I am kicking myself that I didn't go to previous ones when I had the chance). Thanks again and I hope I can make it to next year's PPUSA.

Many thanks Glenn for again hosting the best metal festival in the USA for the 10th year in a row! :kickass:

...and for bringing both Pagan's Mind and Circus Maximus back in the same year! :headbang:

Here's to ten more ProgPowerUSAs!!! :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Enjoy your well deserved vacation...:cool:

Eric
*Valarien*

Glenn, I would like to thank you again for treating Kerri and I like we are part of the family, it truely means the world to us.

Jen, it was a pleasure meeting you and I cannot wait til we meat again. Thanks so much for putting a smile back on Glenns face, you are truely an angel.

See you guys soon and we love ya.

Dee

From Colorado & Maryland attendees - this seemed to be the smoothest PP yet. That goes down to the hard work put in by Glenn, Jen and the entire crew (sound, security, runners, GB/shirt peeps). Oh yeah Glenn - there was supposed to be a dvd in the bag with the shirts for you to watch/listen to in your downtime when you are all "heavy music-ed out", but I see it sitting on the bed where I threw together my bag to go to ATL, sorry about that.

As for the complaints people have (seem to be the same ones every year, but I seem to notice them getting mentioned less and less every year, well except the seat saving thing):

I for one didnt notice any sound problems and we didnt even bother doing the whole GB get in early, save seats directly behind the sound board thing. We bounced all around - the only thing I noticed being in the first couple rows to stage right during orphaned land was that not all the "backing" stuff came through but that is probably more a result of their equipment.

As for smoking in the venue - I know that wed/thurs I think people could smoke in Vinyl (which I know sux for non-smokers, which I may be rejoining the ranks of next year) but I dont think anyone could smoke in Center Stage right? Why would you want to anyway? Hell, I NEED to go outside to cool off, socialize, hear etc :)

As for the "power heavyness" of next years roster - I am ok with it, of course I would be as I am more in to the heavy/traditional stuff than the overly proggy stuff. There's been other years where I have been like "meh, a lotta prog on this roster" but it always turns out great. I trust Glenn's judgment - and the peeps on this board - to pick bands that I am going to end up enjoying. Starting to listen to some of the bands on next years roster that I am not familiar with - and ya know what, it's gonna be fun no matter what.

Everyone involved in this Fest does a kickass job of making it run like a well-oiled machine, which is pretty damn amazing when you figure the cogs of the machine are probably pretty far flung and have to get it together in a short period of time. Even though he is busier than hell (which we witnessed firsthand during our sponsorship/vip privileges last year) Glenn seemed to be smiling and relaxing a little bit more this year - which is good to see. I'm sure a certain lady has a lot to do with that but some of it has to go down to the way this team pulls it together and gets the job done. Kudos to all.

All of the PP Crew deserves a bit of downtime, kick your shoes off, get some rest, put a drink in your hand and raise a toast to yourselves - coz we sure as hell toast you from here.

Cheers :kickass::headbang:
Jeff in Colorado
Jim in Maryland

-Thanks to Shane for bringing Enchant as a replacement for Vanden Plas. I think they got a great reception, really enjoyed playing, and made some new fans. Here's hoping to see them back on the main stage soon! They may not be "standard ProgPower fare," but then again, DSO, Orphaned Land, and Freak Kitchen were all outside the "ProgPower norm" in different ways, and to me, that's a good thing.
:headbang:

HELL yes

Well said man
:kickass:

bryanjoakim.jpg

GLENN RULES!!!

Quicky post..

Yeah, I cannot thank you enough Glenn, for all the hardwork you did to pull this thing off year after year. Not to mention everyone that put in their time and/or money to support this thing to make it happen.

Seems Dave 'Diamond45' beat me to the punch, but if indeed you bring Sabaton back as a headliner, my checkbook will be awaiting to sponsor them again!

I managed to catch Glenn and Jen backstage in a rare moment of calm during the weekend. Forwarded the picture off to them already, but wanted to share it with everyone else, since I'm sure it captures our thoughts.

3925798319_30cd2985f2.jpg

Glenn, I would like to thank you again for treating Kerri and I like we are part of the family, it truely means the world to us.

Jen, it was a pleasure meeting you and I cannot wait til we meat again. Thanks so much for putting a smile back on Glenns face, you are truely an angel.

See you guys soon and we love ya.

Dee

DEE!! It was so very awesome to *finally* meet you and Kerri. I can certainly see why Glenn regards y'all as family, and I'm glad that we were all able to grab a bite to eat together. Thank you for the compliment ~ coming from you, it really means a lot to me.:saint: Loves!!

~ Jen

OMG! That picture is sooooooo adorable! Jen, you are such a pretty lady! I think I met you once for PP6... you came up to me and said "ah, you are the girl with the devil horns" :saint:

OMG! That picture is sooooooo adorable! Jen, you are such a pretty lady! I think I met you once for PP6... you came up to me and said "ah, you are the girl with the devil horns" :saint:

You're a sweetheart, thank you! :oops: You're quite stunning yourself ~ I'm envious of your flawless complexion. Nope, I'm afraid that wasn't me ~ I was a PP "virgin" until this year.

~ Jen

Really? Wow, what'd you think?

Yes, this was my very first PP experience, and it was absolutely AMAZING!!! As you can tell from my Cheers/Jeers post, I was really impressed with everything. I'm already looking forward to 2010!! :headbang: Glenn's definitely been successful at broadening this mainstream chick's music tastes.

~ Jen