The Decibel Magazine Tour 2015: At The Gates, Converge, Vallenfyre, +1 TBA

orcslayr23

Jan 30, 2008
CT, USA
The Decibel Magazine Tour 2015 has officially been announced and will be comprised of At The Gates, Converge, and Vallenfyre, in addition to as-yet unannounced support.

"Super-stoked at finally getting to be part of the Decibel tour!" comments At the Gates frontman Tomas Lindberg. "A great mag, with great people behind it! And finally being able to rip out new stuff in front of a U.S. club audience? Sweet! The bill looks amazing, too! The most relevant hardcore band on the planet and the fiercest old-school death metal band on the same night as us? Excited!"

"We are excited to be part of this fantastic and diverse tour," says Converge frontman Jacob Bannon, who designed the tour logo and art. "For me, At the Gates are one of the most important bands in contemporary heavy music. It will be an honor to tour the country with them."

Here are the dates:

3/27 Los Angeles, CA @ The Wiltern
3/28 San Francisco, CA @ The Regency Ballroom
3/29 Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
3/30 Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
3/31 Seattle, WA @ Showbox at the Market
4/2 Salt Lake City, UT @ The Complex
4/3 Denver, CO @ Summit Music Hall
4/4 Lincoln, NE @ Bourbon Street
4/5 Minneapolis, MN @ Mill City Nights
4/6 Chicago, IL @ House of Blues
4/8 Toronto, ON @ The Phoenix
4/9 Montreal, QC @ Metropolis
4/10 Boston, MA @ Royale
4/11 Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer
4/12 New York, NY @ Webster Hall

"says Converge frontman Jacob Bannon, who designed the tour logo and art."

Literally cannot find this anywhere and am very curious to see this because Bannon's art is always the best.

horiz-admat.jpg

I found this, which obviously is just a banner and not the full admat - but what's interesting is the Profound Lore logo on the bottom, potentially giving us a hint at who the final band on this tour is (ATG and Vallenfyre are on CM, Converge is Deathwish/Epitaph)

edit: as an aside - Vallenfyre was really, really disappointing live last weekend. The guitars went out a bunch of times leading, leading to wayy too much bass, the band lacked energy for the kind of d-beat death metal they play, and the tribute to Hitchens in 2014 was fedora tippingly embarrassing - and I say that as both an atheist and a Hitchens fan.