The Future of ProgPower USA

I just need 300 more people from anywhere to ensure that 2013 happens.

I bang my head against a wall on this topic. I LIVE IN ATLANTA!!! I love this music... and then I realize that all of my friends who ALSO love this music already know about PPUSA...

I guess I could start trolling Guitar Center and wait for someone to start some shredding on a Flying V, or starts some sweep arpeggios, and then strike up a conversation - Hmm... that could work until I get kicked out for being the creepy stalker dude.

I am hardly the hardest core metal fan, but ProgPower is so much freaking fun. A 2 day ticket costs the same as 2 moderately priced dinners for 2, with drinks. The local sale should be easy, especially with Georgia State, Emory, Tech, and who knows what other colleges around. I'm still pushing, though.

Sincerely

-Stymied in Suwanee

Any idea when the next ticket update will be? I'm curious to see how much of a dent your post made with regard to the remaining 300 or so tickets.

I'm not going to do a public update till August as we head into the final stretch. I have an advertising campaign starting in June that I hope makes a difference. I'm doing all I can within my power/budget instead of just throwing in the towel early.

I don't think repeating the message is going to make a difference as it didn't this time but to only a handful of people.

Lets see, these are my typical PP costs. I travel with my step dad, so these costs are split in 2:

Tickets: $300
Gas (10+hr drive from Ohio): $150
Hotel: This year, probably < $250 at Super 8 Thurs->Sun. I stayed at Artmore last year and that was considerably more, but still worthwhile.
Food/day: $60, so $240 for 4 days.

So about $940 this year, divided by 2. $470 apiece is worth it for the PP experience, IMO.

This doesn't include any merch (and I will buy merch), but you don't HAVE to buy merch to enjoy yourself.

If you eat at Subway and have free continental breakfast each day you can cut your food bill in half.

I have banned Despiser and deleted all subsequent posts on the matter. I have worked my ass off for a decade to put on the best show I could in this country. I'm in survival mode now and simply don't have time to put up those trolling the festival. I'm truly sorry he was butt-hurt by Dream Evil's own screw-up, but don't take it out on me. I'm truly sorry that Forbidden evidently shit in his bowl of Wheaties when he was growing up and he never got over it. I'm also sorry that I didn't put the show on in his backyard so he could have chocolate dipped strawberries served on a platter with champagne while having scantily clad females fan him with a feather during the show.

Take your $20 and stay local with your hometown metal shows. No problem. I wish you the best.

Just don't come into my own forum acting like a dick and expect me to treat you like anything but the troll you are trying to be.

I have banned Despiser and deleted all subsequent posts on the matter. I have worked my ass off for a decade to put on the best show I could in this country. I'm in survival mode now and simply don't have time to put up those trolling the festival. I'm truly sorry he was butt-hurt by Dream Evil's own screw-up, but don't take it out on me. I'm truly sorry that Forbidden evidently shit in his bowl of Wheaties when he was growing up and he never got over it. I'm also sorry that I didn't put the show on in his backyard so he could have chocolate dipped strawberries served on a platter with champagne while having scantily clad females fan him with a feather during the show.

Take your $20 and stay local with your hometown metal shows. No problem. I wish you the best.

Just don't come into my own forum acting like a dick and expect me to treat you like anything but the troll you are trying to be.

LOL!!!! Well said!!! I wouldn´t mind the champagne part, but I think my GF would kill me about the women part!!!! :Spin::Spin::Spin:

:fu: to trollers!!!!!

I'm glad to aholes banned. It's ok to be disappointed when a band cancels, but to crap on a festival for it is BS. It's bound to happen when you have this many bands booked so far in advance.

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm also sorry that I didn't put the show on in his backyard so he could have chocolate dipped strawberries served on a platter with champagne while having scantily clad females fan him with a feather during the show.

Glenn, when you decide to do this - I nominate MY backyard. The BBQ pit will be finished in a month or so, and I'll slow cook the animal of your choice, over the wood of your choice.

You even get to pick the bands (since you seem to pretty good at it). Heck, you can pick the scantily clad females, too.

I'm just glad Glenn is taking his wrath out on someone besides me. I have an opinion on this thread but I'll just practice my duck and cover as if I said it. :Spin::loco:

I bang my head against a wall on this topic. I LIVE IN ATLANTA!!! I love this music... and then I realize that all of my friends who ALSO love this music already know about PPUSA...

I guess I could start trolling Guitar Center and wait for someone to start some shredding on a Flying V, or starts some sweep arpeggios, and then strike up a conversation - Hmm... that could work until I get kicked out for being the creepy stalker dude.

I am hardly the hardest core metal fan, but ProgPower is so much freaking fun. A 2 day ticket costs the same as 2 moderately priced dinners for 2, with drinks. The local sale should be easy, especially with Georgia State, Emory, Tech, and who knows what other colleges around. I'm still pushing, though.

Sincerely

-Stymied in Suwanee

you can do what i do: print out the poster 2 to a sheet in full color and start sticking them up wherever you go. i have some business cards (might need more!) . i have done that at some rock-n-roll bars and some other well-chosen locations.
plus, i've talked up a few folks at work - and one dude i think is going to buy one or two :)

I live in the country in Alabama. Don't know how much I can help locally. Maybe I can fool everyone and tell them that Lynyrd Skynyrd is headlining and doing their final show there. Ha ha ha.... in all seriousness, I will try to get the word out more, locally, and online. I want to see you have to walk on stage behind a walker, Glenn. I realize THAT is a fantasy, but I certainly do want to see it happen for an indefinite time. I completely understand though. I have absolutely no doubt about the love you have for this festival, the bands and the fans, but I can not fathom the amount of work that has to go into this, and it simply has to be profitable. I wish........ all of us the best of luck in ticket sales.

Bryant