The Great Book Mailaway

metalprof

Ken Luther
Mar 11, 2005
Valparaiso, IN
faculty.valpo.edu
We're decluttering and debulking for a possible move to a new house. I have several sf/fantasy/horror series, sets by authors, etc that I want to put in the hands of people who really want them rather than making random donations and having them end up thrown out, or in a basement or closet. (Actually I am making donations of many of our books to our local library and a shelter, but the books below are sort of the best of the best due to condition, completeness of a series, or just sentimental value and I want to take extra care in their fate, as silly as that may seem.)

So, below are 28 packages of books I'm hoping to mail out. If you see a package in the list below that you'd like, let me know by PM and I'll mail it to you. (First come, first served.) The only restrictions are

- I will mail only in the US, by Media Mail

- I will mail each "package" together; for example, if I'm offering a trilogy and you only want the first book, I'm still going to send the entire trilogy. I don't want to get into mailing out individual books, but I'm perfectly happy to send sets.

The only thing I ask is that when you receive your package, you consider sending a reimbursement of the mailing costs (via Paypal, cash or check) that would cover the shipping and envelope. If you are happy enough with the condition of the books that you want to pay more, I won't complain but that's totally up to you, and I'm not keeping a list of people who don't :) Seriously, my main goal is to get these books to people who want them, with minimal cost to myself, not to make a bunch of money.

All books are regular paperbacks unless otherwise noted. Almost all of the books are still in excellent condition, you're not going to get something that looks like it's been fed to the dog and regurgitated.

Thanks!

Ken

The 28 Packages Waiting To Be Mailed
------------------------------------

Anne Bishop: Daughter of the Blood, Heir to the Shadows, Queen of the Darkness
Steven Brust: Brokedown Palace, To Reign in Hell (trade ppb)
Kate Elliot: Jaran, An Earthly Crown, His conquering Sword, The Law of Becoming
David Feintuch: Voices of Hope, Patriarch's Hope, Children of Hope
Peter F. Hamilton: Pandora's Star, Judas Unchained
Peter F. Hamilton: Mindstar Rising, A Quantum Murder, The Nano Flower
Robin Hobb: Shaman's Crossing, Forest Mage
Tanya Huff: Sing the Four Quarters, Fifth Quarter, No Quarter, The Quartered Sea
Jennifer Roberson: Chronicles of the Cheysuli (8 novels together in 4 ppb)
Sean Russell: World Without End, Sea Without A Shore
Sean Russell: Beneath the Vaulted Hills, The Compass of the Soul
Sean Russell: The Swan's War trilogy
David Weber: Honor Among Enemies, In Enemy Hands, Echoes of Honor, Ashes of Victory, War of Honor

EDITS: These are claimed now:

David Brin: The Practice Effect, The Postman, The River of Time, Otherness
Terry Brooks: Voyage of the Jerle Shannara trilogy
Terry Brooks: High Druid Shannara trilogy
Terry Brooks: Armageddon's Children, The Elves of Cintra
Orson Scott Card: Songmaster, Hart's Hope, Wyrms
Orson Scott Card: Treasure Box, Enchantment, Homebody
Orson Scott Card: Ender's Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon, Shadow Puppets
Orson Scott Card: Saints, Treason, The Folk of the Fringe, The Worthing Saga
Guy Garvriel Kay: The Summer Tree, The Wandering Fire, The Darkest Road
Brian Keene: City of the Dead, The Rising, Dead Sea, Terminal, Ghoul
Greg Keyes: The Briar King, The Charnel Prince, Blood Knight