The Mighty Thor!!!!!!!!

hmstrhuey

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
I'm tryink to find info on Thor(the 80's metal warrior).
Does anybody know much about his history or know where I should look. I've found the two official web-sites, and they are very cool , and have graet pictures, but they don't have much in the way of a biography.
Any info would be cool
If you don't know any thing about Thor I suggest taking a look at the web site. The music is cool too.

www.thorkorr.com/default.htm

I have a couple of Thor discs.. I have never seen him live but he was on the Power Hour back in the 80s. He blows up hot water bottles and bends iron bars with his teeth. He still does these things live. A friend of mine saw him live in Alberta somewhere not too long ago and said it was one of the best shows he has seen in a long time. The last I heard from him was a few months ago and he was working on a new CD.

I haven't heard his new stuff but word on the street is that he's gone nu-metal.
Speaking of the mighty one with the hammer. Tonight on my radio show I'm going to be playing Thor-Only the Strong, on my album spotlight. It came out in 85 or so, and is pretty good 80's metal. It has some of my favorite Thor songs like, Thunder on the Tundra, and When Gods collide.
Thor is an interesting part of Canadian metal history, and is total fun to boot.
Also on the show I'm going to be playing a bunch of John zorn/Mike Patton style crazy shit like Idiot Flesh, Sleepytime Gorilla museum, and Fantomas.
All this plus new stuff(to me), by scrotum Grinder, Fuck on the Beach, Slight Slappers, Head Hits Concrete(ex-swallowing shit), and loads more.
Tune the fuck in.

The Gooey Kablooie comes on Tuesday night from 11:00-2:00 on chmr 93.5 fm, or listen on the inter-net at www.mun.ca/chmr/