The Official Good Television Thread

@CiG Have you ever watched the subspecies movies from full moon entertainment? Radu the vampire, love those movies. They just released a new one......a prequel, like 20 something years after the last one they released. Was pretty fuggin good, especially for a modern full moon film.

Reactions: CiG
"Cootie is a 13-foot-tall (4.0 m), 19-year-old Black teenager raised by his Aunt Lafrancine and Uncle Martisse in Oakland, California. He is shielded from the outside world until being accidentally discovered by a group of teenage political activists."

episode 1 title: "you a big motherfucka"

• Haha
Finished watching Miracle Workers S4 last night.
Steve Buscemi and Daniel Radcliffe work really well together in stupid and ridiculous settings, but Geraldine Viswanathan often steals the entire show.

Episode 6 of Ahsoka in particular is the best so far. The first 2 episodes almost made me quit, but the last few have been damn good.

Edit: 1st ep of The Continental ruled. Wick fans will love it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Hey @CiG have you seen Rob Collins in RFDS lately? Dude proves he can do serious, tear in the eyes, acting when he wants to.

• Wow
It is probably the best drama on Aussie TV right now, not that Aussie TV is known for great drama. But Rob does play a great role

Finished part 1 of the new Futurama season and I have to say it was pretty bad. The 10-episode season featured a streaming episode, a bitcoin episode, a covid-19 episode, a Dune episode, an Amazon episode and a cancel culture episode, because apparently the last thing these writers want to write about is the future. It did end with a high-concept science fiction story that milked simulation theory for comedy, romance and existential dread, showing that once in a blue moon the writers remember what makes the show good. But overall I don't think I've seen a season of modern Simpsons this stale, and those didn't spend a near decade in gestation.

I just watched the trailer for NCIS Sydney (premiers in November). It's got everything you'd expect from an aussie show, there's the Sydney Harbour, a bridge, an opera house, a kangaroo, a koala, a deadly snake, dirt roads, bushland and an Aussie carrying a slab of Budwiser piss water. Stories and realism are obviously optional.

Watched C*A*U*G*H*T last night. Strange, weird, some what sick and sometimes funny.
With Bryan Brown as the Thropedo loving PM of Australia, Erik Thompson as head of defence and Sean Penn as himself.
These guys are like the A Team, sent in to do a job no one else can.

Finished the 3 eps of Gen V that are out so far, definitely pretty good.
Not fucking The Boys' franchise up at all, and in some ways the social commentary/satire might be even better.

Watch S3 of Only Murders In The Building. It's not as strong as the first two but it does finish strong.
Still continues to a few laughs and silliness which makes it worth watching and apparently it's been renewed for a S4