The official HC Moonsorrow thread

the other poll

• Total voters

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
"Ukkosenjumalan Poika" is possibly the greatest pagan/viking song ever. And "Sankarihauta" is right up there too.

Not sure if I like their most recent album, but everything from Suden Uni through to Verisakeet is top notch.

Haven't heard the new EP yet.

Anyone who's a fan of the band and has never heard "Suden Uni", needs to remedy that situation as soon as possible. Both songs JK mentioned are indeed awesome, and we have a great chance at hearing both in a live setting. Much love for everything in their catalogue through the first song on "V: Havitetty", but I have to give the nod to "Voimasta..." for sentimental reasons (oh, and it happens to be excellent as well).

Jason

It isn't anywhere near my favorite album by them, but Rauniolla is my favorite Moonsorrow song so I have to pick Kivenkantaja. Otherwise it would be Verisakeet or Voimasta. Admitidly I haven't fully absorbed Suden Uni yet.

Kivenkantaja is my absolute favorite album, especially the first three songs when you just let them play out. Suden Uni is my second favorite. However, I would like to say that Moonsorrow doesn't have a single lame CD, and each album has a load of material that is worth listening to, my favorite songs span their entire career.

I only recently got into Moonsorrow. I have everything but their upcoming "EP" and have enjoyed getting to know their music.

Has anyone seen them perform? Are they as good live as they are on CD?

Their performance at HC1 was seriously one of the best sets I've ever seen, the whole thing just sort of flashed by without a second of boredom.

If you're just getting into them, the first 3 albums are required. Suden Uni, Voimasta ja Kuuniasta, and Kivenkantaja will be the best purchases you've made in a while.

Dark One
The Tainted Dogma
wliex.jpg

Nice on the 4 sixes Dark One. :headbang: