The Official NERDS Thread

You really wouldnt want to f**k with Wonder Woman, when she lets loose she could tear you a new arse :lol:

Theres nothing wrong with the Superpeople at all, but when it comes down to it, in a life and death fight, they would lose bcause they are too nice!

Ahh, but he isnt ACTUALLY Superman, so it doesnt count. Or I could just say "what about the robotic Batmen from the future?"

In a fair fight, Superman could kill everyone, but Batman would make sure it wasnt a fair fight, thats what I mean :)

I just finished reading Timothy's Zahn's Star Wars trilogy. About to start his duology now.

I also play RPGs. My favs are the Fallout series and Planescape Torment. The Ultima series wasn't bad.

Is the Arena series any good? I tried playing Daggerfall a bit, but I got sick, literally. For some reason I'd keel over after playing for half an hour. I'd feel like throwing up. :p

I also heard it was very buggy.

The evil Superman would make sure it wasn't a fair fight! And he's still Superman - genetically he's identical, but he's just... well, evil!

:lol: True Spiffy, but its not the SAME Superman, cos if it was, he would be GOOD! :D

Zahn trilogy! Tell them how good it is!

PattonFan, it's all well and good that you play computer RPGs, but did you ever play the pen & paper variety, preferably at school at lunchtimes? :)

Arena's the first game of the Elder Scrolls series - haven't played that one. Daggerfall's OK, but far too buggy for my liking. Morrowind is much, much better though.

I have Fallout - wasn't too keen on it, though, so I didn't play it for long. Planescape Torment rocks the hizouse though!

Daggerfall sucks, you cant even finish the actual game without 4 patches, thats how buggy it was! Didnt stop me playing it though :D

Morrowind rocks :)

I wanted to play pen and paper. To be honest the "roleplay" part scared me off. I've seen some people play it before. The way they screamed and carried on, it just seemed a little too nerdy for me. I worry too much about how people see me to play pen and paper RPGs. :(

Hehe :)

Problem when I played P&P D&D was that I was the only one who really knew all the rules, and so I was the DM, which isn't much fun. I always wanted to just be a PC, but NO, I had to be DM... sigh.

Zahn trilogy! Tell them how good it is!

I thought the series was pretty good. My mate reckons they are good too. The good things about the series is that it has all the main characters in it, and it leads into the duology and I think onto the New Jedi Order Series as well. At least thats what I've been told.

I found the series a lot better than the other Star Wars books I've read, simply because of the familiar characters. I also liked Timothy Zahn's writing style. The books were really easy to read. He doesn't get bogged down in all the details like some other writers I've read or tried reading (Robert Jordan for one).

Do you know anything about the series? Do you know any of the plot lines or when the series is set? Which Star Wars books have you read so far? If you have read some of the books in the future, you might already know what will happen in this series.

In any case II reckon you should just grab it from the library. Have a quick read, see how it goes.

Just thought I'd say that REVENGE OF THE NERDS is one of the greatest movies of all time :headbang:

I would also like to add that for anyone with foxtel, on thecomedychannel on the last Saturday of this month there is Revenge Of The Nerds 1 and 2 back to back followed by Assault Of The Party Nerds, a D-grade sex comedy. Can't wait! :)