The Top 30 Richest Drummers

Stingray11214

OSA Triumvir
Oct 21, 2005
Well, I never thought that drummers could make a ton of money in an act. I guess I was wrong, huh? Da Link: http://www.celebritynetworth.com/articles/entertainment-articles/30-richest-drummers-world/

#1: Ringo Starr Net Worth – $300 Million (The Beatles)
#2: Phil Collins Net Worth – $250 Million (Solo, Genesis)
#3: Dave Grohl Net Worth – $225 Million (Nirvana, Foo Fighters)
#4: Don Henley Net Worth – $200 Million (The Eagles)
#5: Lars Ulrich Net Worth – $175 Million (Metallica)
#6: Charlie Watts Net Worth – $160 Million (The Rolling Stones)
#7: Larry Mullen Jr Net Worth – $150 Million (U2)
#8: Roger Taylor Net Worth – $105 Million (Queen)
#9: Joey Kramer Net Worth – $100 Million (Aerosmith)
#10: Chad Smith Net Worth – $90 Million (The Red Hot Chili Peppers)
#11: Travis Barker Net Worth – $85 Million (Blink 182, The Aquabats)
#12: Stewart Copeland Net Worth – $80 Million (The Police)
#13: Alex Van Halen Net Worth – $75 Million (Van Halen)
#14: Nick Mason Net Worth – $75 Million (Pink Floyd)
#15: Tommy Lee Net Worth – $70 Million (Motley Crue)
#16: Bill Ward Net Worth – $65 Million (Black Sabbath)
#17: Jon Fishman Net Worth – $60 Million (Phish)
#18: Carter Beauford Net Worth – $55 Million (Dave Matthews Band)
#19: Rick Allen Net Worth – $50 Million (Def Leppard)
#20: Tre Cool Net Worth – $45 Million (Green Day)
#21: Danny Carey Net Worth – $40 Million (Tool)
#22: Tico Torres Net Worth – $40 Million (Bon Jovi)
#23: Max Weinberg Net Worth – $35 Million (Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band, Conan O’Brien)
#24: Mickey Hart Net Worth – $30 Million (The Grateful Dead)
#25: Bill Kreutzmann Net Worth – $25 Million (The Grateful Dead)
#26: Neil Peart Net Worth – $22 Million (Rush)
#27: Taylor Hawkins Net Worth – $20 Million (Foo Fighters)
#28: Questlove Net Worth – $16 Million (The Roots, Jimmy Fallon)
#29: Steven Adler Net Worth – $15 Million (Guns N’ Roses)
#30: Mick Fleetwood Net Worth – $8.5 Million (Fleetwood Mac)

With as successful as they are as a touring act, Peart being so low probably can only mean their album sales are pretty poor.
I suppose they have always been seen as more of a live act anyhow.
Sadly, I am sure a very small percentage of people who see them live still buy new material by them.

That's probably the reason Nicko McBrain isn't on the list.

Also, remember this doesn't necessarily say their other ventures outside of drumming aren't factored it. Travis Barker owns a clothing company, Questlove is band ringleader for Jimmy Fallon, etc. Plus i am assuming this is net worth of their lifetime. Which would explain Phil Collins at the top as well behind Ringo.

For Neil i wonder what the total cost was for all his years of traveling the world on motorcycle without a Rush touring income to offset it?

I thought of this too.....
This did not clarify that its net worth where only their band income was taken into consideration.

I would say though, given its a major factor for most drummers, that the said list proves that the contracts in KISS were NOT drafted to indicate that each member receive 25% of all royalties :)

With as successful as they are as a touring act, Peart being so low probably can only mean their album sales are pretty poor.
I suppose they have always been seen as more of a live act anyhow.
Sadly, I am sure a very small percentage of people who see them live still buy new material by them.

That's probably the reason Nicko McBrain isn't on the list.

Well he has a lottttttttttt more drums and cymbals than everyone else and they are not cheap! :)

From the article: ***The figures contained in this list were acquired from all publicly available information including salaries, real estate holdings, divorces, record sales, royalties and endorsements. The final net worths come from a formula that takes out taxes, manager’s fees, agents’ fees, and lifestyle.***

So, basically, they are wild-ass guesses.

If Bill Ward is really 65M$ worth, why in the hell isn't he behind the kit with the original Sabbath? It was mentioned that the contract offered was inadequate. I think all the Sabbath guys are quite fit, so what's the problem with Ward being rejected? I'm a bit surprised to see him there with this wealth, while guys like Nicko McBrain and Ian Paice are absent from the list.