The Unofficial ProgPower 5 Meet Thread

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
I thought that since at least one other thread had started in the attempt for people attending ProgPower 5 to meet up I would post an update. As some of you may or may not know I am putting together The Unofficial ProgPower 5 Meet for Thursday, September 16th, 2004. I have approxiamately 20 people interested and alot of cool things on the plate that we can do. One of which is to meet up before the pre-party to socialize (with plenty of giveaways). Anyone that is interested in attending or for more information just e-mail me at metalrag@yahoo.com and you will be added to the e-mail list. One important thing to note, by e-mailing me you are in no way obligated in any way of attending! This is a completely pressureless event that is very low key but will be alot of fun nontheless!! Take care.

-Sean Q.
(Chicago, IL. USA)

Hey, thanks for taking the initiative! Most of us would talk a lot about meeting up but then wouldn't follow through - I know I can be lazy and/or forgetful quite often ;)

Count me in! I'll drop you an email.

Alicia

Hm. Depending on what time that is, I'm not sure I'll be there in time; my flight gets in at 1pm, which means I'll be at the hotel by 3pm, and girly preparation type things for the preparty that night must commence within a couple hours. ;)

Yeah Thursday is kind of a crappy day to set this up, since many people won't even be in town til late Thursday, or Friday..

Count me in man!!!!

Maybe we can all grab dinner before the pre-party show?????? I know once the pre-party starts we'll all be hollering and screaming into peoples ears (rotfl) and be hoarse in 3 hours. It'd be nice to be able to just sit and chill and talk to people at a nice volume.

I'll be in on wednesday but I am not going plan on anything just yet, not sure what's going on.

Bear:headbang:

Funny quote of the week: announcing your plans is a good way to make god laugh - Al Swearengen - Deadwood

Thanks for all the support!!! I have quite a few people on the list now but more are always welcome. I am shooting for an update e-mail with FULL DETAILS to go out on Saturday so if you haven't gotten your name on the list, there is no time than the present. Remember, no one is obligated to show up, this is a completely stress free/ no pressure meet. E-mail me at metalrag@yahoo.com to be added to the list.

BABS said:
Count me in man!!!!

Maybe we can all grab dinner before the pre-party show?????? I know once the pre-party starts we'll all be hollering and screaming into peoples ears (rotfl) and be hoarse in 3 hours. It'd be nice to be able to just sit and chill and talk to people at a nice volume.
Hey Babs- LTNH!
Dinner is okay as long as it's at the Vortex- my husband is a madman for that place! What time does your flight get in? We'll be in at 3:47 and will be lucky to make dinner by 7! I know Jaime will be making her usual preparations so forget her....LOL

am_ash2 said:
Hey Babs- LTNH!
Dinner is okay as long as it's at the Vortex- my husband is a madman for that place! What time does your flight get in? We'll be in at 3:47 and will be lucky to make dinner by 7! I know Jaime will be making her usual preparations so forget her....LOL
Hey! What about me? ;) I'm up for another trip to the Vortex, provided there won't be pressed hams this time around... Guess we're safe if we go BEFORE the party rather than afterwards like last year.

Alicia

Aeturnia said:
Hey! What about me? ;) I'm up for another trip to the Vortex, provided there won't be pressed hams this time around... Guess we're safe if we go BEFORE the party rather than afterwards like last year.

Alicia

Okay, okay, you can go too! Is it going to be anyone's BD this year? I agree- no more ass on the windows.....

Thanks to everyone who e-mailed me to be included on the info! I am overwhelmed and excited on the response!!! I have some nice things in mind and expect an e-mail to go out Friday Night/ Saturday morning, Thanks again for all your kind words. With the addition of special guest Timo Kotipelto it looks to be a FANTASTIC show!!!

I'm in as well. I did my replying at the tad Morose forum though. Just wanted to say Hi to everyone that is going to be there though. :wave:

Come on Zod. You know you want to hook up with us as well. JD you too......

Bryan

Q, I also responded on the TM forum..but forgot to email you..so I'll do it now :D I'll be going with my pal Ludmer

It will be great meeting everybody, this will be our first PP \m/

am_ash2 said:
Hey Babs- LTNH!
Right now Debbie and I are looking into coordinating our flight arrivals at the airport. Last I knew it's looking like us getting in around 2:30 PM or something like that.

Now tell me more about this "Vortex". Sounds like there's a story or two there.