"The Wondrous World of Punt" is fun to say

Ruthven

Sep 13, 2003
I finally picked up a copy of Therion's "Lemuria"/"Sirius B," and I really think that they have outdone themselves. I liked "Theli," I really liked "Vovin" and "The Crowning of Atlantis ("Seawinds!")," my enthusiasm tapered off a bit with the (still good) "Deggial," and then I quit paying attention altogether. However, I wanted to hear what they were up to these days, and this double album is nothing short of magisterial. This is the first time I feel that the orchestral parts and the metal parts have been blended seamlessly. I also like how the albums have a stronger power and progressive metal element this time around.

Plus, there is a song titled "The Wondrous World of Punt." It is a beautiful song, but the fact that it has a name that you can just say over and over again without getting tired of it just adds to its greatness. "The Wondrous World of Punt." Plus, ancient Egyptian-themed stuff usually kicks butt on some level anyway.

So, now I am really excited to see these folks come September. I hope that the bulk of the show is drawn from these two albums, and that we see Christofer Johnsson layin' down the "Punt" law live.

Historical info on "The Wondrous World of Punt"

you really should go get the Secret of the Runes album. It kills!

as far as a set list...

"We are looking forward to going to the USA for the first time in our 18-year-long music career," said Christofer Johnsson, guitarist for Therion. "We will play a ‘best of’ set that will cover most of our 12 studio albums and I hope we will satisfy both older and younger fans. We are bringing with us six singers, the same as we used for the previous touring on these new albums. We have heard a lot about ProgPower and we’ve had the question why we’re not playing there, as it would be perfect for our type of stuff - so we are particularly looking forward to playing there."

good enough for me. :worship:

I always thought "Wondrous World of Punt" was a thinly veiled sexual euphemism, but now I know better!

P.S. Sirius B is one of the best albums I have heard in a very long time.

chibitotoro said:
I always thought "Wondrous World of Punt" was a thinly veiled sexual euphemism, but now I know better!

P.S. Sirius B is one of the best albums I have heard in a very long time.

I hear a lot of people feel that way. Myself included.

I bought Vovin back in '98 because Ralf Scheepers sang on 1 song. I spun it about 5 times. I haven't listened to it since... You either like or hate it